What is done in an audit?

This is why some have already went to Directv because they treat you like a criminal from the getgo and why many more will be going to Directv in the future. If I get anothe audit then I am going to Directv. The advantages of having Dish Network over Directv is almost gone now. I rarely watch supers and do not need them because the CW feed is in my locals package. Dish charging DVR fee per receiver wipes away their additional outlet fee savings on the dual tuner receivers. The only advantage is Dish Network's annual packages being able to save a little. If one was to get audited enough and get programming shut off then it aint worth keeping to save that little amount and Directv hardware is cheaper anyways.

iafirebuff said:
Thanks for the info! I have had these for yers with no problems, and have been told by numerous Dish employees and CEO team there is no problem with having a receiver in a motorhome, camper, etc. Seems kinda strange that they encourage you to do it, then penalize you.
1. I've read on one thread or another, that with vacation homes, that they are forgiving on activating and de-activating programming. But I still don't think that would be convienent for a 2nd Home/Weekend Home/Camp/Cabin that you might visit regularly.

2. I don't know how the RV/Trucker account works, but I guess they expect you to get a RV account. However, that would be for the birds if they are going to charge you the full price as in another account.
The only advantage is Dish Network's annual packages being able to save a little.
I don't know if they still have one month off for paying annual on a AT package or not. I do know they have it for some international packages. However, they do not have any savings on the HD packages.

I've been with Dish since 1997. I've got two receivers, the original one I bought at Sears and one I bought a few years ago at a yard sale. It did take them two days to activate the yard sale box, but no problems since. Neither box has been connected to a phone line ever. I told them I was a full time RVer and I had no phone. I gave them a number for a message service I used when I signed up. One time when I called them for some problem and gave them the number, they got real confused that there were about 175 accounts all giving the same 800 number :)

Anyhow, I have never been audited, never even knew they did audits until I came across this post.

I guess its like jury duty. Some get called 2-3 times per year, some never get called.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)