What is it with ex-UK basketball coaches lately?

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
No Gillespie has a DUI.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4425751"]Ex-Kentucky Wildcats coach Billy Gillispie arrested for DUI - ESPN[/ame]

Better yet, what is it with the state of Kentucky?!

Pitino
Calipari
Gillespie
Geesh!

Your state needs College Basketball Season to start already so you guys can get back focused on some really "crucial things in life like basketball". :)

Pitino
Calipari
Gillespie
Geesh!

Your state needs College Basketball Season to start already so you guys can get back focused on some really "crucial things in life like basketball". :)

Nominee for Quote of the Decade... :eek:

Sandra

Pitino
Calipari
Gillespie
Geesh!

Yeah I know. :(

This is Gillespie's 3rd arrest for DUI. He plead one down to reckless driving and had one dismissed. He refused breathalyzer and field sobriety tests and has plead not guilty. He's got this down to an art.

He's got the money for a high dollar lawyer. I bet he gets off again.

Check out this thread written by someone who shot pool and drank with him a month ago in Fort Worth.
TexAgs.com - A&M Men's Basketball

5694_983073316114_8318586_56405089_241319_n.jpg

What are the odds that Billy could get a fair and impartial jury in the state of Kentucky if he elected for a jury trial?

When Billy Clyde was at UK they had a personal driver on stand by at all times. (At least that was in his "contract" so goes the joke in KY).

The selection of coaches at UK over the last several years (since Joe B. hall left) has left me shaking my head at times. the only one I understood was Tubby. Pitino is and always has been about Pitino first and foremost. Didn't care for him when he came to UK. No understanding at all with the Billy Clyde hiring. Just stumped on my end with that one. Now, Calapari has me nervous. While I want the program to win and win often, I have to wonder at what cost. His history does not leave me confident we will win without questions. I would have been more comfortable with the hiring of Issel, Pelphry, or a couple of other former UK standouts. People that understand and love the program. It is a mystery to me at this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)