What is Orby TV?????

I'll bet you $1.00 that the sim marries itself to the specific receiver. Let's not go much deeper into discussions like that. We all know where they ultimately lead.

I was trying to be careful with words but yes I agree with you.

On a different note Primestar and alphastar were the only sat services I never got to try.

You going to try orby out primestar31?

Am I a total geek if I’m checking stock levels at bestbuy’s around the area to see if other folks are buying? I’m sad to said I was the only unit sold yesterday in the Louisville KY area yesterday.

Last edited:
I was trying to be careful with words but yes I agree with you.

On a different note Primestar and alphastar were the only sat services I never got to try.

You going to try orby out primestar31?

Nope.

I have no need for subscribing and paying for 'cable' channels. I have all I can handle with OTA channels with my outdoor antenna system, Netflix (my son pays for this), EPIX which comes free with my Charter/Spectrum internet only account, Free VUDU channels, Free TUBI channels, the free version of Youtube. Plus all the c-band fta stuff I can get. I also have multiple terabytes of ripped dvd's on drives that I access with my WDTV device that I've never yet watched.

I can barely hope to get through watching all I have available at no more cost to me in 20 years, much less paying for anything else.

I'm going to try and tune the TP's on 117 this afternoon just to see what signal strength and quality are like at my location. Beyond that, I've decided not to subscribe to Orby. I like my Dish Network subscription (Welcome Pack + Epix + Air TV tuner for OTA). Plus, I get a sub to YTTV through my work. Between those services and FTA, I'm covered.

I also have a large blu-ray collection and use a lot of Roku free channels (NASA UHD, Heartland Channel, etc.)

Last edited:
Reactions: raydio
Interesting when did they run that promo? Is it IP or qam? How much you paying them?

It comes with any internet-only account, which is 100/10 in my case. It just went up to $65.99 a month, there's no specials available for internet-only people. I've had Epix for years, ever since I went internet-only. It's a part of legacy Charter areas for sure and they don't do much to let people know it's available to them at no extra cost. You log into epixhd.com either on their website, or through any app using your Spectrum credentials and it authorizes you. I watch it either through the app on my Tivo, or the app on my Roku 3.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I'm going to try and tune the TP's on 117 this afternoon just to see what signal strength and quality are like at my location. Beyond that, I've decided not to subscribe to Orby. I like my Dish Network subscription (Welcome Pack + Epix + Air TV tuner for OTA). Plus, I get a sub to YTTV through my work. Between those services and FTA, I'm covered.

I also have a large blu-ray collection and also use a lot of Roku free channels (NASA UHD, Heartland Channel, etc.)

When I had the welcome Pak it was SD only has that changed? What does the welcome pack cost now?

Wouldn't those people be getting their receiver via the professional install?

No you buy your receiver then schedule your install online.

Our guys have been just buying their own receiver and hooking it up to the dish themselves. Only Wallhts had a real install.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

No you buy your receiver then schedule your install online.

Our guys have been just buying their own receiver and hooking it up to the dish themselves. Only Wallhts had a real install.

I just bought it at bestbuy. That picture I posted of dish I got from an installer I found on Facebook that installed one.

Forgive me for skipping some of the traffic in these Orby threads and missing something, but... Is it known for certain that the channels are not in HD?

It’s not really geared towards FTA nerds.

It’s geared to people who want to pay less for cable and don’t have broadband for cordcutting.

That's what I figured. In my case it wouldn't be a good solution as it is missing too many channels that I do like and it wouldn't really save me any money either because I'd need to get them from somewhere else. Bottom line for me is that because of bundling cable is still the cheapest way to go to get what I want.

Discover ch 140 is “hd” it looks pretty good on a 32” unless your a cheap bastard or satellite nerd and had to try it your probably not going to be too happy I will say it looks better then NPS uplinked channels back in the day.

I’m trying to find the email with my EBS license key from years ago to try and view the mux’s and post results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)