What is the best Cband LNB on the market today?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Enough said, What is the best Cband LNB, that doesn't require a servo to tune into H or V. I would like to maximise the gain of my reflector without having to go bigger (although if I could find a bigger dish, I would go bigger)

Enough said, What is the best Cband LNB, that doesn't require a servo to tune into H or V. I would like to maximise the gain of my reflector without having to go bigger (although if I could find a bigger dish, I would go bigger)

You could always go buy a dish if you can't find a used one that's in usable condition. That said, my Geosat C2 works good on my hail damaged 12 footer so it might work great for you.

If we're just talking C-band only... (a wise decision)...
Then only two general solutions come to mind.

1).
The C2 from SatelliteAV already mentioned, is quite well regarded.
This thread says the 242 from Galaxy is equal.

2).
Orthomode !
It's a little more expensive, but reasonable for C-band only setups.
Learn all about 'em in this previous discussion.

Be aware, that a larger dish also decreases the interference from adjacent birds.
This also makes it look like you're getting a stronger signal.

If we're just talking C-band only... (a wise decision)...
Then only two general solutions come to mind.

1).
The C2 from SatelliteAV already mentioned, is quite well regarded.
This thread says the 242 from Galaxy is equal.

2).
Orthomode !
It's a little more expensive, but reasonable for C-band only setups.
Learn all about 'em in this previous discussion.

Be aware, that a larger dish also decreases the interference from adjacent birds.
This also makes it look like you're getting a stronger signal.

I vote for the Orthomode feed and 2 California Amplifier LNB's. if you don't want to do a servo. If you do a servo get the National ADL (now made by Patriot) RP1-C feed. It takes out of phase signals choked off by scaler rings on regular feeds and puts them back in phase for more gain. Been running one since 1989 and will never look back at a choke plate feed.

A larger dish has a narrow beamwidth and is harder to tune but when you hit that sweet spot look out :D Gain and reduced sidelobes is the name of the game. This is why I have the 12 foot :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts