What is the Best Way To Collect This 7.6 Ft Unimesh Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
About 2 months ago I discovered this 7.6 Ft UniMesh Dish 2 blocks away from my House, see pic. The owner said I could have it!! I am thinking of picking it up with help this week although I not sure just what to do with it. Maybe use it for parts, or if my 12 footer doesn't work out I could replace it with the 7.6 Footer??

The 7.6 Ft Dish is on a Tripod similar to the one I have installed in my back yard for my 12 Foot Mesh Dish. There is a hole at about 11 o'clock in the 7.6 Ft Dish - see pic # 2, is this a concern?? Also see pic #3, would the starting point to dismantling it be to undo the Bolts that are securing the Dish to the Pole at the Pole Cap? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC00776.JPG
    DSC00776.JPG
    656.9 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC00784.JPG
    DSC00784.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 335
  • DSC00777.JPG
    DSC00777.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 338
I would unbolt it, get some dollys and wheel it down the street to your house :)

Thanks a lot Claude, do you think that hole in the Mesh Dish (see picture # 2), would cause reception problems or need to be repaired?

That's a good looking dish, jsattv! Looks like it has a few hail dings but if it's not warped I would think you could patch that little hole and have some good reception with it. My 10' Perfect 10 dish has a LOT more surface irregularities (and a MUCH bigger hole that I patched) and it is working great for C band analog & digital, Ku might be a different story. I'd get some help and pull it off there in one piece and "roll" it home, good luck!

do you think that hole in the Mesh Dish (see picture # 2), would cause reception problems or need to be repaired?
I think that hole will be no problem, sure it would be better if it wasn't there, but I'm sure it will be OK. I suggest getting it moved, then set-up and see how it works. If then you decide you want to, or need to try to patch it, then by all means do that. Skyvision used to cut mesh pieces to order, so you could go that route, but I would try to do a patch job 1st. But, 1st see how it does as is? Good Luck!

I would not dismantle the petals, keep it intact if you can. Get three buddies and just carry it down the street with a couple of them holding it by the mount. Good looking dish.
I don't think the dings are really going to hurt it too much.

It will still probably get KU.

Thanks a lot for the great comments guys, hope to get it tomorrow or Friday if the rain doesn't come.

I have a 7.5' that performs great. Even on 7/8 FEC stuff. Mine will lock the equity mux on

I agree , and Jerry you might find this dish a little easier to tune. My 7 1/2 ft dish is easier to tune than my 10 ft dish.

Thanks for the comments George and Truckracer, got the Dish today, hope to take some pics and report tomorrow. Truckracer, it is a 7.6 ft Unimesh and was a lot easier to handle than my 12 footer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts