What is this ch501? Universal Pictures HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mattyro

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
I saw "Backdraft" on ch501 tonite and ran to the computer to find out what this channel was and if anymore were in the pipe. I see nothing aboutg it in this VOOM- savvy forum. Whats up? where did it come from? will it stay ?

Confused

I noticed UHD last night myself and I was confused. I don't believe BravoHD was replaced by UHD since we still have BravoHD and, according to the Voom website, UHD is for series and mini-series. It's an NBC channel.

The Rickster

There Is No More BravoHD It's Now UHD (Universal HD) As In Universal Studios.
They Are Showing Some Great Uncut Movies & Cancelled NBC HD TV Series.

Not true

There Is No More BravoHD It's Now UHD (Universal HD) As In Universal Studios.

This is NOT true. As of last night BravoHD was still up and running and showing different content than UHD. I don't know what they'll do in the future but, for now, they are two distinct channels we have available on Voom.

The Rickster

GadgetRick said:
This is NOT true. As of last night BravoHD was still up and running and showing different content than UHD. I don't know what they'll do in the future but, for now, they are two distinct channels we have available on Voom.

The Rickster
You are probably talking about Bravo, not BravoHD. Bravo (SD) channel still exists. BravoHD (or more precisely, Bravo HD+) has been re-branded to Universal HD effective 12/1/04.

Channel 501 is the only HD channel. UHD still shows some BravoHD+ material in the off hours.

PG screwy then...

Then my PG must REALLY be scewy since I still had BravoHD showing, with programming and it was different than UHD. I've not checked it out in a couple of days but I'll have to check it out later.

The Rickster

GadgetRick said:

The Rickster
You must have one of those very special boxes ! or you are having vision, although i cant imagine ever dream about bravo HD unless of course i was the one winning the gold medal or the tennis match
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts