What is wrong with the Cleveland Indians?

Maybe because you get more value for an everyday player and pitchers have a history of getting hurt ...

If I were Boston, I would have to think, WTF are they thinking.
Ortiz has been hurt this year, can you imaging the hole in the Sox lineup if Manny were gone for good ???

Yes, if I were the Indians, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Jimbo

Actually, if I recall correctly, I do believe Manny is a free-agent after this year. This does actually make a bit of sense for both teams.....

I was at work this morning and a buddy of mine was asking if I had heard about it and googled and found the articles stating this may happen, but I am unable to find them at this time.

So you googled and found them this morning and now they're gone?

I googled as well, and couldn't find anything to this either.

Rockies 4, Tribe 2, Wednesday.

The coffin gets closer to being nailed shut.

The Rally Killer was back in the No. 5 hole tonight and responded with an 0-for-4, including a strikeout and a double play grounded into.

Hope Choo was just getting a night off. He needs to start - and hit 5th or higher - every day.

So you googled and found them this morning and now they're gone?

I googled as well, and couldn't find anything to this either.

My buddy did it yesterday morning at work where I don't have access, I will get with him this morning and see if he can find it again and copy the link and see whats up with it.

Jimbo

Rockies 4, Tribe 2, Wednesday.

The coffin gets closer to being nailed shut.

The Rally Killer was back in the No. 5 hole tonight and responded with an 0-for-4, including a strikeout and a double play grounded into.

Hope Choo was just getting a night off. He needs to start - and hit 5th or higher - every day.

Coffin is a long way from being shut ..... they are barely in the coffin.
A month ago we would have said that BOTH the Tigers and Indians were sitting next to each other in the graveyard, since then, the Tigers have seemed to get it together and have gone 8-2 and something like 12 and 2 and are now only 4 games under .500 and only 6.5 out and still climbing, damn Sox playing the Pirates so there won't be any climbing for a bit ... Sox play the Cubs over the w/e Tigers play Pardes, these could go either way.

Jimbo

Well, 2 runs a game the last two games in "thin aired" Colorado. Not exactly what I was expecting from a team that was starting to break out of their offensive funk.

On a even more sour note, according to the team, Fausto is still a ways away from returning. The same can be said for Pronk and Victor.

ESPN - Soreness in hip shelves Carmona for a few more days - MLB

"Fausto's inflammation is less than it was in late May," Lonnie Soloff, the team's head athletic trainer, said, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "We'll shut him down for three days and then re-examine him and have a better idea of what his timetable is."

I'll tell you what...if they don't make some noise here in L.A. this weekend against the Dodgers, then the embalmers will have been called and they will be measured for their burial suits! They totallly blew it in Denver and are now 8.5 back with both the Sox and the Tigers making noise. This is NOT good at all!!!!

I'll tell you what...if they don't make some noise here in L.A. this weekend against the Dodgers, then the embalmers will have been called and they will be measured for their burial suits! They totallly blew it in Denver and are now 8.5 back with both the Sox and the Tigers making noise. This is NOT good at all!!!!

:(:(:(:(:(:(

Cleveland Indians are done, so it's time to look ahead...

Cleveland Indians are done, so it's time to look ahead, says The Plain Dealer's Terry Pluto

Cleveland Indians are done, so it's time to look ahead, says The Plain Dealer's Terry Pluto - Cleveland Sports News – The Latest Breaking News, Game Recaps and Scores from The Plain Dealer

I want to know is there any more info on the whole CC for MAnny thing, even though I dont see that happen, its very interesting! also CC needs to go, Ship Him and Paul Byrd out and get some good pitcihing and a good hitter (pronk could leave and I wouldnt be too tore up, even though I think he still has some good years in him)

Have you guys heard the rumor about the Indians and Red Sox in a trade again....

Manny for CC ....
I'm serious and shocked if they did this.

I was at work this morning and a buddy of mine was asking if I had heard about it and googled and found the articles stating this may happen, but I am unable to find them at this time...

Jimbo

there ae ALWAYS rumors about trafding Manny. Supposedly he once asked to be traded to pawtucket.

I want to know is there any more info on the whole CC for MAnny thing, even though I dont see that happen, its very interesting! also CC needs to go, Ship Him and Paul Byrd out and get some good pitcihing and a good hitter (pronk could leave and I wouldnt be too tore up, even though I think he still has some good years in him)

I haven't been able to find anything more on this subject, I'm beginning to think that it was an article as a prank that I stumbled on.

For the moment I am going to look at my post about this as a rumor and a fading one at that , now that I've stated this, it will probably be all over soon :D

Jimbo

Well, the Tribe continues to not be able to find their way. Losing last night puts them 7.5 games back and only a 1/2 game in front of the perennial bottom dwelling Royals!

I have a feeling we will find out a lot more about the future that this team by the July 31st trading deadline.

On a more positive note, I was glad to see the crowd at "The Jake" give Omar Vizquel a standing ovation when he came to bat last night. This was Omar's (SF Giants) first game in Cleveland since being traded after the '04 season. I will be at Progressive Field to show my appreciation on Thursday. Go Omar and Go Tribe!

Waiting for Next Year....... yet again!

I realize there is still half of the season left, but I think it's safe to say that last night WAS the final nail in the coffin for the Tribe this year. There is absolutley no hope left for this team. Here's why..........

The Indians faced Barry Zito last night. The left-hander came in 0-6 with a 9.32 ERA in interleague play since signing with the Giants before the 2007 season. Going into yesterday, Zito was 2-11 with a 6.32 ERA. This would be the perfect matchup to revive a struggling offense, right? ...... Errrr..... Wrong!

Zito allowed one run and four hits in 6 2/3 innings, striking out four without a walk in his best start of the year. Of course he did........ :(

If we can't beat Zitto, we must be done!

Cleveland lost for the sixth time in eight games. Combined with Kansas City's 4-2 win over Colorado, the Indians fell into last place this late in a season for the first time since the AL Central was formed in 1994.

To say that this season has been a huge disapointment is a major understatment. I as well as others were expecting big things from the Tribe this year. Unfortunately, it seems as if they are still mentally crippled from what happened to them in the ALCS last year. (Up 3-1 in a 7 game series only to lose to the eventual WS Champs). Couple the mental issues with key injuries and an inconsistent bullpen and we had all of the ingrediants to a miserable season.

We'll just have to chaulk this one up as "one of those years" and hope for the best next year. Unfortunately, it is becoming more apparent that we'll have to try and compete with a lesser starting rotation than what we've been accustomed to these past few years, which is a crying shame. With our ace in Sabathia likely to be traded and our #3 Westbrook out with Tommy John surgery at least until June-July of '09, this team has some major obstacles to overcome. Hopefully management and the front office has a plan to right the ship.....

Now 8.0 back!

The Tribe is now 8 games back and in LAST place in the AL Central. R. I. P. !!!

Funeral arrangements pending. The family requests in lieu of flowers that all donations be made to the "Please Keep C.C. Fund". Please direct all checks attention Mark Shapiro.

I realize there is still half of the season left, but I think it's safe to say that last night WAS the final nail in the coffin for the Tribe this year. There is absolutley no hope left for this team. Here's why..........

The Indians faced Barry Zito last night. The left-hander came in 0-6 with a 9.32 ERA in interleague play since signing with the Giants before the 2007 season. Going into yesterday, Zito was 2-11 with a 6.32 ERA. This would be the perfect matchup to revive a struggling offense, right? ...... Errrr..... Wrong!

Zito allowed one run and four hits in 6 2/3 innings, striking out four without a walk in his best start of the year. Of course he did........ :(

If we can't beat Zitto, we must be done!

Cleveland lost for the sixth time in eight games. Combined with Kansas City's 4-2 win over Colorado, the Indians fell into last place this late in a season for the first time since the AL Central was formed in 1994.

To say that this season has been a huge disapointment is a major understatment. I as well as others were expecting big things from the Tribe this year. Unfortunately, it seems as if they are still mentally crippled from what happened to them in the ALCS last year. (Up 3-1 in a 7 game series only to lose to the eventual WS Champs). Couple the mental issues with key injuries and an inconsistent bullpen and we had all of the ingrediants to a miserable season.

We'll just have to chaulk this one up as "one of those years" and hope for the best next year. Unfortunately, it is becoming more apparent that we'll have to try and compete with a lesser starting rotation than what we've been accustomed to these past few years, which is a crying shame. With our ace in Sabathia likely to be traded and our #3 Westbrook out with Tommy John surgery at least until June-July of '09, this team has some major obstacles to overcome. Hopefully management and the front office has a plan to right the ship.....

The Tribe is now 8 games back and in LAST place in the AL Central. R. I. P. !!!

Funeral arrangements pending. The family requests in lieu of flowers that all donations be made to the "Please Keep C.C. Fund". Please direct all checks attention Mark Shapiro.

You guys are going to extremes.
The Tigers on June 9th were 11 GB, then they swept the White Sox and have been winning ever since, 120out of 15 or something close to that, so I would not give up on your INDIAN's just yet, theres alot of time left.
The Tigers are currently floating at the 5-6 GB point and climbing still, of course the White Sox are not playing as well as they were earlier , so now is the time to move.
Sox won today or the Tigers would be at 4, they will get there, just takes patience.

Shoot for .500 ball first, then look and see where the 1st place team is.
Tigers have almost made up the 11 games under .500 and while thay have played well, they have not played great yet. A few games were crisp and sharp, but most are not and they are still gaining ground.

So come on Indians fans, stick with it, they will get it turned around, as long as they don't do the gaining against the Tigers, I don't care :D

Jimbo

You guys are going to extremes.
The Tigers on June 9th were 11 GB, then they swept the White Sox and have been winning ever since, 120out of 15 or something close to that, so I would not give up on your INDIAN's just yet, theres alot of time left.
The Tigers are currently floating at the 5-6 GB point and climbing still, of course the White Sox are not playing as well as they were earlier , so now is the time to move.
Sox won today or the Tigers would be at 4, they will get there, just takes patience.

Shoot for .500 ball first, then look and see where the 1st place team is.
Tigers have almost made up the 11 games under .500 and while thay have played well, they have not played great yet. A few games were crisp and sharp, but most are not and they are still gaining ground.

So come on Indians fans, stick with it, they will get it turned around, as long as they don't do the gaining against the Tigers, I don't care :D

Jimbo

You're right Jimbo. I do need to be more patient. But, it's just hard to be encouraged by seeing absolutely no signs of progress yet. The first step to recovery will be to get our injured players healthy. I'd imagine Fausto Carmona and Travis Hafner will be back after the All-Star break. Hopefully Victor Martinez isn't that far behind either. I would also call back up Asdrubal Cabrera from AAA. We sent him down a month or so ago to work on his offense. Well, it apears Cabrera has done just that. Dude is hitting near .500 at Buffalo! All of these provide hope for the immediate future.

My Gameday Experience: Tribe vs. Giants 6/27/2008

As noted earlier, I went to last night's series final against the Giants. A thunderstorm delayed the game for nearly 2 hours. The weather forecasts said it would blow over and the game would still be played, so we just went out to grab a bite to eat and have a few brews instead of heading right to the Jake.

2 hours later (9pm), we left Great Lakes Brewing Co. and decided to walk outside to look at the clouds. The clouds moved back and the rain had stopped. It looked like a new day! By the time we drove down the street, parked and got in our seats, it was still the first inning, so we timed it perfectly.

The 2 hour delay didn't scare away many as there was still a pretty decent crowd. And as expected, the fans who stayed gave Omar a standing ovation when he came to bat. That experience alone was worth the wait. It was a very moving reception. Then again in the later innings, when it was apparent that this would be Omar's last at-bat, the Cleveland crowd again rose to their feet and cheered like hell. As a matter of fact, they clapped until Omar popped out to center field. After the at-bat, he acknowledged the crowd. It was then we realized that would be the last time we would get to witness the last link to a very memorable team of the 90's. Omar you will be missed!

BTW, the Tribe won thanks to Cliff Lee yet again. 8 IP, 4 H, 1 ER and a career high 11 K. Lee has a 2.34 ERA and is now 11-1 this year! He deserves serious consideration for the AL starting spot for the upcoming All Star game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)