what kind of receiver do i need

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cabral

Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
tiverton ri
i am looking for a receiver to move my 10' c/ku dish it came with a echostar SRD-4000 that won't turn on, would it happen to have a battery in it? but if not what else could i use to rotate the dish would a 4DTV receiver work or do i have to go with an analog receiver which i haven't be able to find.:confused:

a dsr 922 ( 4dtv) will move the dish
a dsr 920 (4dtv) will move the dish
a dsr 905 (4dtv side car) will not move the dish must use a analog receiver with it to move the dish.

most analog receiver will move a dish. some of the older ones had a seperate power supply to move the dish.

i have a analog receiver if you need one that will move the dish if you want it pm me and you pay for shipping its yours.. its a nextwave 500 i think

there are also movers for the dvb receivers that will move a big dish
they take commands from the dvb receivers

they are g-box & v-box are the most common names

if you are planning on using the big dish to get subscriptions then getting a working 4dtv is the only way to receive the subscriptions

i am looking for a receiver to move my 10' c/ku dish it came with a echostar SRD-4000 that won't turn on, would it happen to have a battery in it? but if not what else could i use to rotate the dish would a 4DTV receiver work or do i have to go with an analog receiver which i haven't be able to find.:confused:

Cabral,

I don't know anything about the SRD4000.. I searched quickly on Google, and didn't find anything. Chances are its an analog reciever (since Motorolla only mades the 4DTV.). If it has a battery it's for a VideoCipher unit that you wouldn't need anyway (as you can't get programming for it now.)

If you want to get into FTA, I would suguest to find a cheap, used analog reciever.. You can usually find one for 20 bucks or less on Craigslist or ebay - watch out for shipping on there..(20 bucks is all I would pay).. With that, you will get limited analog channels (mostly religious and wild feeds)

What really makes the C-band worth it's weight and gold nowadays is a FTA(DVB) reciever.. Those can be had for under 20 bucks too (on ebay). There's tons of feeds and channels on C-band. so Analog reciever + FTA box + this forum = wild feeds, interesting channels, good hobby :D

I found a good deal on 2 4DTV units on Sunday.. one I'm having trouble with, but the other I plugged up, and it seems to work good.. There are some freebies on it, but its mostly subscription programming. These 4DTV units are a little expensive, but sometimes a good deal can be found :)

All I need now is a HD FTA DVB box (and those are expensive too.. but they will probably be reasonable soon)

thanks for info, i am new at this and every was just given to me so now i am tring to figure it all out. and yes it does say videocipher II plus on it. when working its going to go in my vaca. home, so i will hook up to fta receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts