what kind of receiver do i need

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cabral

Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
tiverton ri
i am looking for a receiver to move my 10' c/ku dish it came with a echostar SRD-4000 that won't turn on, would it happen to have a battery in it? but if not what else could i use to rotate the dish would a 4DTV receiver work or do i have to go with an analog receiver which i haven't be able to find.:confused:

a dsr 922 ( 4dtv) will move the dish
a dsr 920 (4dtv) will move the dish
a dsr 905 (4dtv side car) will not move the dish must use a analog receiver with it to move the dish.

most analog receiver will move a dish. some of the older ones had a seperate power supply to move the dish.

i have a analog receiver if you need one that will move the dish if you want it pm me and you pay for shipping its yours.. its a nextwave 500 i think

there are also movers for the dvb receivers that will move a big dish
they take commands from the dvb receivers

they are g-box & v-box are the most common names

if you are planning on using the big dish to get subscriptions then getting a working 4dtv is the only way to receive the subscriptions

i am looking for a receiver to move my 10' c/ku dish it came with a echostar SRD-4000 that won't turn on, would it happen to have a battery in it? but if not what else could i use to rotate the dish would a 4DTV receiver work or do i have to go with an analog receiver which i haven't be able to find.:confused:

Cabral,

I don't know anything about the SRD4000.. I searched quickly on Google, and didn't find anything. Chances are its an analog reciever (since Motorolla only mades the 4DTV.). If it has a battery it's for a VideoCipher unit that you wouldn't need anyway (as you can't get programming for it now.)

If you want to get into FTA, I would suguest to find a cheap, used analog reciever.. You can usually find one for 20 bucks or less on Craigslist or ebay - watch out for shipping on there..(20 bucks is all I would pay).. With that, you will get limited analog channels (mostly religious and wild feeds)

What really makes the C-band worth it's weight and gold nowadays is a FTA(DVB) reciever.. Those can be had for under 20 bucks too (on ebay). There's tons of feeds and channels on C-band. so Analog reciever + FTA box + this forum = wild feeds, interesting channels, good hobby :D

I found a good deal on 2 4DTV units on Sunday.. one I'm having trouble with, but the other I plugged up, and it seems to work good.. There are some freebies on it, but its mostly subscription programming. These 4DTV units are a little expensive, but sometimes a good deal can be found :)

All I need now is a HD FTA DVB box (and those are expensive too.. but they will probably be reasonable soon)

thanks for info, i am new at this and every was just given to me so now i am tring to figure it all out. and yes it does say videocipher II plus on it. when working its going to go in my vaca. home, so i will hook up to fta receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)