What new HD channels this week?

I wonder how many people dropped dead waiting for their favorite new HD channel? :eek:
What channel is he waiting for?

couchpotato.jpg

Hey look, to be fair, Charlie delivered on his specific promises (well, NESN-HD wasn't on Charlie's schedule but LIL HD was).

You can argue with him on many things but he never promised any specific new national HD within any particular timeframe.

Again people, where is the patience? He said, that there would be new channels by SUMMER. NOT this month, so FREAKIN RELAX.

I could be wrong, but I don't recall Charlie ever promising new national HD by Summer.

The only specific claim he made, AFAIK, was that Dish would have 100 national HD channels by the end of 2008. Of course, given the way satellite/cable companies have demonstrated they count channels, this "promise" means absolutely nothing.

Did 20 years in the Air Force and was over in Okinawa 4 years and had a Marine Air wing fly in. They had F-4s and they were really in bad shape so when they came asking for parts for their ejection seats we gave them access to our bench stock....They stole us blind. But that night we headed downtown and ran into the same marines and we did not buy a drink all night long. They are ACES in my book. They protected by butt in Nam also..They are keepers.

At least you guys get locals I am in BFE Ohio and have to get mine with AAD, I would move but with all the new spot beams I may be out of luck.

I could be wrong, but I don't recall Charlie ever promising new national HD by Summer.

The only specific claim he made, AFAIK, was that Dish would have 100 national HD channels by the end of 2008. Of course, given the way satellite/cable companies have demonstrated they count channels, this "promise" means absolutely nothing.

On the last Charlie Chat he said that there would be at least some new National HD launched before the Next Charlie Chat (June 9). HE showed the long list of "possible" channels and said at least some would be launched before the next Charlie Chat.

Looks like a Dish sub in FSNBA market :haha

...And waiting for LIL Fox in Sacramento or Seattle. Uplinked again, but did it go live? Nnnnnoooooo. They said by the end of the year in like Oct/Nov. Baseball season starts. Not that I watch the Giants or A's anyways unless they are playing te Dodgers or Angels.

S~

On the last Charlie Chat he said that there would be at least some new National HD launched before the Next Charlie Chat (June 9). HE showed the long list of "possible" channels and said at least some would be launched before the next Charlie Chat.

The special retailer chat even backed up this statement after the failed launch of AMC-14.

I am just shocked because of the wholes BSG guest, what was her name, hot blonde, Six? I just don't understand how they could bring her on and not have in mind to launch Sci-Fi for the series startting April 4. I just refuse to believe it and still think that it has to be turned on by then. They can't be that lame. Anyone else? That would be April 4, by Thursday?

I hope it's turned on by April 4 for BSG, but I also hoped it would be turned on when Stargate Atlantis returned back in January, and also hoped it would be turned on shortly after getting uplinked so that we could see Tin Man in HD back in December.

I am starting to lose hope...

I don't recall, I thought he said new national HD by Summer "subject to contract", which again of course would be his out. He probably does have a couple of low-ball channels signed (e.g. TWC, WFN) but if he doesn't already have an agreement with a channel it really is a crap shoot as to whether it will ever show up.

I'll assume you heard correctly (it's tough for me to hear anything at my age :)) but my guess is the "bone" he may throw in a few months will be of the ilk of TWC/CNN-HD. Then don't expect anything else until the end of 2008, if then.

I don't recall, I thought he said new national HD by Summer "subject to contract", ...

Let me inject one of my own theories to hopefully make folks waiting a little easier.

Charlie also said in that chat that when the new HD's are added, they will also be in the $29.99 HD-Only pack.

Think about it, if enough new HD's are to be added, the HD-Only pack may ressemble AT100, only maybe $20 less, which means Charlie will cut his profit margin by 40%. Would you do that?

Which is why he is negotiating very hard, trying to get better terms for his HD-Only pack.

The problem is why would say SciFi agree to charge Charlie $0.10 if they are charging DirecTV $0.20?

BTW DirecTV has no such problem, they don't have a low cost HD-Only pack, the ScifiHD is free because they are already paying $0.20 for ScifiSD just fine.

Of course the $0.10 and $0.20 are just some numbers thrown out to make a point.

Makes sense.

What you're saying then is that, for some people, E* really could be cheaper than D*, for others, about the same. Charlie apparently is courting a specific group of subscribers.

Good for him. Those not in that select group will eventually leave and the market will sort it all out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)