What % of DIRECTV press releases have come true?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lee78221

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 6, 2005
As you know DIRECTV promised A LOT for 2006 and 2007 in the past how much (in %)would you say that DIRECTV promised has come to past?

I have been a sub for only 4+ years so this is a Q&A to the people who have had DIRECTV longer than me.

D* does pretty well -- but then I'd say the Press Releases are intentionally vague so that they DON'T miss the mark.

For example -- The R15 generally sucks, but it does everything they promised it would in the press release. So does that mean it's a success and a good product?

Quality of execution is subjective. But D* tends to do the minimum required to make good on that which they promise.

Usually what happens is that they may be late making a date. Examples, new LIL SD channels that required D* 7S to be launched, it was very late getting launched. Recent is the LIL HD channels that needed SW1, it was also late being turned over toe D* which pushed back the date they said the first markets would be turned up.

Most of the time Directv dosen't issue a press release until they are ready to actually do what they are releasing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)