What paint to use on old rusted Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bulldog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
My FTA dish that I have been using for 8 years is showing signs of a surface type rust. Any ideas on the type of paint I can use that will not affect the reflectivity?

Any old non metalic/gloss paint will work! I like to use matt/flat black :)

Attachments

• Pict0076.JPG
    Pict0076.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 284
i have used car engine paint it takes heat very well! comes in great colors to piss the next door people off. like purple and bright orange. he he

Also....check out

Bulldog said:
My FTA dish that I have been using for 8 years is showing signs of a surface type rust. Any ideas on the type of paint I can use that will not affect the reflectivity?

Also there is a car paint that turns the rust into a paintible surface! I have used both that and the rustolium paint (primer color matched my Winegard BUD pretty well...1st I do a VERY light hand sanding to get rid of the uneveness and then the paint (get it from Walmart in spray cans) Rustoleum also makes a rust remover..WEAR GLOVES for that stuff! but it worrks well

BUT my rust is basically surface rust and only on the steel center Button hook mount...the rest of the dish is aluminum!

it is really easy or...you can take an fta dish to be sand blasted since it is so small...then use rustoleum!

of course...don't forget to remove your LNBF!!!!:)

regards
jeff

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts