What´s up with Amc5@79w?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jogon64

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
Northern Mexico
All of a sudden Telemundo is booming at 85% after over 2 months with a lot of breaking up 30-40s % Qs.

I´m not complaining, don´t get me wrong. I just want to know if anyone knows what´s happening and if this improvement is for good or just a malfunction. I sure hope it stays so. Cheers.

I was checking 79W last night and KTEL was very weak, I was using a 1.2 cm dish. This station use to be the hottest station that I could get it would peg the SQ on my Fortec Dynamic with a 90 cm dish yesterday it was low SQ and the signal was in and out. I will check it out tomorrow and see if the SQ is back. Thanks guys.
Mike Lib

BTW, sometimes I wish I understood Spanish, some of the shows look interesting.

I just checked it out, and in less than a minute I saw the quality level go from 40% to 65% to 30% to 50%. Meanwhile the signal level only fluctuated between 89% and 90%! I have no idea what this means...

As I'm typing this, it's also dropped out entirely several times... When it does that, the signal level goes out too.

What I really don't understand is why replace AMC5 with AMC2? I thought AMC2 was in bad shape while it was at 101. I never really had any problems with AMC5.

90% on the signal and 50%-%60 on the quality on a 90cm pan in Michigan.

53% Q, with 75 cm offset dish, here in Monterrey, Mexico.
Using a Fortec lifetime classic NA.

I tried the C.C. last night when watching a novela. Unlike many other stations on satelite, it actually works on Telemundo. This helps a lot because I can understand almost all Spanish if I can read it.

I thought Telemundo did English captioning at night if you put on CC3?

edit: they do
Telemundo is the only US Spanish-language network to provide English subtitles of its weekday prime-time programming. They appear as closed captions on CC3 in standard definition and digital service 2 in HDTV. The network produces the translations in-house and intends them to attract Hispanic viewers who may not be fluent in Spanish.[17] Programs appear with a special digital on-screen graphic at the start of each episode

Do you guys know of a strong transponder other than Telemundo's on this sat? I have 0 signal on this sat. It used to come in nicely. I would like to find out if there is something wrong with my dish alignment.

Thanks.

Do you guys know of a strong transponder other than Telemundo's on this sat? I have 0 signal on this sat. It used to come in nicely. I would like to find out if there is something wrong with my dish alignment.

Thanks.

Telemundo on tp 11904 is the only signal that scans in here in Northern Michigan. Q-65

Jim

I have played around using different settings (Lyngsat and The List), but I have no signal at all. What settings should I use? Is it my location? Is there another strong transponder at the same location that I could use to test my dish alignment?

Thanks.

I have played around using different settings (Lyngsat and The List), but I have no signal at all. What settings should I use? Is it my location? Is there another strong transponder at the same location that I could use to test my dish alignment?

Thanks.

I was parked on this sat last night from 6:30-7:30 EST. I saw 4 different feeds come and go, all horz. The only one that was a listed occasional feed on Lyngsat was 12109 H 3979 (CNN Chicago). Telemundo was not up there at all.

Jim

Depending on your receiver, you may need to sit on Telemundo's frequency for a few seconds before it locks, due to the low symbol rate. Even if you're already aligned to the arc, it might not be found on a blind scan every time, or even at all.

There are four more 24/7 signals on AMC 2/5. Unfortunately they are Turbo QPSK and Turbo 8PSK internet data muxes. The signals are very strong, but are of little help if you are using standard DVB receivers or cards.

Is anybody else having issues with KTEL Telemundo or is it just me? For the last 2 days now it pixeleates heavily and looses signal almost all day but it started few days ago. I can see a wide signal right next to it that was not there before but have no idea if it is from the same bird or from 83 west. I even replaced the 60 cm starchoice with a 90 cm but still no luck getting rid of the interference. I can even see that they moved the signal 4 Mhz down to 11896H now (well 8 because at some point they moved up to 11904). Not even the birdog would lock the signal at the dish even on the 90 cm but I see the peak signal and the wide one right there. Most be from 83W since I can make the wide one smaller if i move the dish while keepig the narrow peak fairly high. No idea what to do next that is why I am asking.

It started happening in the hot afternoon but it would come backlater so I though it was a feed from the adjacent bird but now it seems to be permanent all day .

Is anybody else having issues with KTEL Telemundo or is it just me? For the last 2 days now it pixeleates heavily and looses signal almost all day but it started few days ago. I can see a wide signal right next to it that was not there before but have no idea if it is from the same bird or from 83 west. I even replaced the 60 cm starchoice with a 90 cm but still no luck getting rid of the interference. I can even see that they moved the signal 4 Mhz down to 11896H now (well 8 because at some point they moved up to 11904). Not even the birdog would lock the signal at the dish even on the 90 cm but I see the peak signal and the wide one right there. Most be from 83W since I can make the wide one smaller if i move the dish while keepig the narrow peak fairly high. No idea what to do next that is why I am asking.

It started happening in the hot afternoon but it would come backlater so I though it was a feed from the adjacent bird but now it seems to be permanent all day .

It is down for me, as well. If I remember correctly (as I don't watch it) it is usually in the high 70s (or higher) on my Pansat, and is now at 30. Also on the sat is Perry's Jewelry channel at 11936 H 2403 that is at 60 on the Pansat (and is broadcasting now).

EDIT: Signal appears to be coming back, bouncing up into the 40s.

Last edited:
thanks keith. i did not know about the perry channel so will use it to troubleshoot further. maybe that is why they seemed to shift it down 4 mhz below 11900H , hope they fix it somehow since I do not want to use a 1.2m just for that bird. will try tomorrow with the 1.2 m to see if it gets rid of the wide signal(if it is coming from 83W that is)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts