What´s up with Amc5@79w?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm using a small HughesNet dish for 79w, usually see Telemundo, but not tonight. They must be way down in power. I am getting Perry's but it pixels once in a while.

It is an interference issue for sure. I guess they use huge dishes at the receiving site so they have not noticed it yet. thanks to kenneth I used the perry channel to maximize signal and now telemundo is working but despite having the same height on the SA on the birdog compared to the perry channel its CNR is borderline just above 5.7 or 5.8 yet the perry channel has full 9.3 CNR. Like I say both signals have the same height (signal strength) on my birdog's limited SA but I see the SR 2170 KTEL being to wide for just 2170 SR. It easily doubles the perry channel at 2400 SR which it shouldnt. I think the interference is coming from the same bird , 79W, BTW since I see no traces of strong TP's on 83W like RTV or the NBC feed at 11775H

I just blind scanned it and I get both TP with KTEL at around 42Q on the AZBOX prem + and Perry jewellery ch way better at 65Q consistently. clear skys tonight. lets hope they fix this issue soon, I want to go back to the starchoice 60cm setup, better to the eyes.

Thanks to the posters for their help confirming it was not only my setup.

This morning, KTEL is fairly close to the levels I usually get, around 75, but it seems more jumpy than I remember (sometimes dropping down to 60 or so). Definitely better than yesterday. Perry's is not up (think they start broadcasting late afternoon/early evening).

Telemundo´s signal on my pansat 3500 and 30" offset starts dropping at midmorning, I lose it for almost all afternoon, then starts slowly coming back at around 7:00 pm every day for the last week or so. From 7 pm to around 9 am it´s watchable peaking at 55% at 10 pm. It used to peak at 70% before.
Is this signal interference you mention transmitting at these hours?

I'm getting no signal at all on the Telemundo transponder right now in central Pennsylvania.

Still getting it here, but it is now bouncing between 30 and 45 on the Pansat. Seems to follow the pattern that jogon64 mentions above, however, for me, I haven't lost it at anytime I have checked it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)