what sat has FSN Detroit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

catman60

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
michigan
a friend of mine is taking his direct tv hd receiver to deer camp.he has a old direct tv dish with a single lnb.i know all the new ones are slimline 3 lnb dishes. all he cares about is getting the detroit redwing games on FSN Detroit so i would think i could single out the bird that carries this channel and use that old dish. which sat would i have to lock to get it? how many degrees and what elevation from zip 49945

I think the SD is on @ 101° (receivable with the old dish) and the HD is @ 99.2° (not receivable with the old dish to my knowledge)

"how many degrees and what elevation from zip 49945"

Missed this part of the post........ just type it into the receiver being used and it will give you the coordinance.

actually FS Detroit HD is on 103 Tp 1
SD version is on 101

FSDETHD 663 1 D10 @103W 103CB

As far as I'm concerned, if you can get the 99 you can get the 103, also if you can get the 101 you should be able to get all three.
So whether it's on the 99 or 103 really doesn't matter as long as they are using a dish that will get the correct sats !

If I was the OP (or his friend) I would ditch the idea of using the Phase I dish and get a SlimLine 3 or old SlimLine 5 (the model numbers escape me) and although may not need it this trip; but will be prepared for the future trips.

If I was the OP (or his friend) I would ditch the idea of using the Phase I dish and get a SlimLine 3 or old SlimLine 5 (the model numbers escape me) and although may not need it this trip; but will be prepared for the future trips.

I would as well as it's not that much different setting up, once you get the hang of it.

a friend of mine is taking his direct tv hd receiver to deer camp.he has a old direct tv dish with a single lnb.i know all the new ones are slimline 3 lnb dishes. all he cares about is getting the detroit redwing games on FSN Detroit so i would think i could single out the bird that carries this channel and use that old dish. which sat would i have to lock to get it? how many degrees and what elevation from zip 49945

ok i got the info. one more thing.he's got one more old dish so maybe we can also pick up the Marquette Mi locals.what sat would they be on and what switch would i need to conect the two. not enough time to look for a slimline.

ok i got the info. one more thing.he's got one more old dish so maybe we can also pick up the Marquette Mi locals.what sat would they be on and what switch would i need to conect the two. not enough time to look for a slimline.

There you go; spent no time at all finding it. Pick the closest to you and you could have it by WED or THU

DIRECTV AU9-SL3 Three LNB Ka/Ku Slim Line Dish Antenna and SL-3 LNB Combo (AU9-SL3) - DIRECTV Slim Line - AU9-SL3 -

http://www.summitsource.com/product_info.php?ref=1&products_id=9867

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts