What satellite? Will this work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eriksat1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2011
WI
We have NFL Ticket and I want to watch a game live this Sunday bad, but we are going to our cabin just for this weekend to close up for the year. There is a old single LNB 18" Direct tv dish up on the cabin, if I brought a receiver and my sat finder could I just point the dish at one of the 3 satellites and get my game? What satellite is NFL Ticket come off of? 110? Will this work? I'm just looking for a quick fix for this weekend only.

Last edited:
The NFL channel I will be looking for is Bears vs Saints game on FOX network out of Chicago in HD I think that is how NFL ticket works? Or it might be FOX network out of New Orleans they are the home team. Would they both be off of the 110 satellite?

You will not be able to receive the ST HD in that manner. Search for "HD tailgating" inside the DirecTV forum and you will find a few different solutions to your need.

I have a slightly newer Direct tv dish I could use with the 3 lens lnb, would that dish work? It is the first dish they came out with after the old single lnb 18" dish?

So with the new Direct TV HD receivers the old dishes are totally obsolete? All I'm looking for is one station one game. So I guess my basic question is what is the bare minimum dish I need to get the game? I don't care about any other programming just the game.

You would have to have an AT9 or AU9 (Slimline) dish at a minimum. The older style dishes don't receive signals from the satellites that carry the hd channels.

I just don't understand why you need to receive signals from multiple satellites in order to get one stinking channel? If you can find out what satellite the game is being broadcast off of, why can't you just point a single lnb at that satellite and be done?

You dont but when you alogn the dish since all the satellites in orbit are close enough to each it picks up almost all of them.sounds like you can.pick up the game you want but in standard with the current dish set up at your cabin.you prob to change settings on your reciever to show all channels standard and hd

You can use the dish. Just make sure it is properly aligned. That dish only gets standard def channels. Standard def Sunday Ticket comes from the 101 sat. Sunday Ticket will be available but it will be standard def only. You will have to change the sat setting from a slimline to a phase III dish.

OP, you said you want the game in hd. Unless you get a Slimline dish, you can't get it in hd. There is no such thing as a dish that gets only one satellite and hd at the same time. The dish you have only gets signals from the 101 satellite which doesn't carry hd signals. It's kind of like trying to get fm from an am radio, it just can't happen. I think the sd Sunday Ticket channels are on 101, so you should be able to get the game in sd.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)