Status
Please reply by conversation.

greenguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Home Ground. . .
hi guys. . .

i have one fixed dish pointed at 119w with an dual aspen eagle lnb up and working with a DN ViP222k receiver with both tv1 and tv2 working atm.
The other dish is a BUD which can handle both ku and c band signals and will be pointed at 110w (some of the time) and this is using an ADL orthofeed horn with the invacom quad polar lnb (QPF-031) in the center and two c band lnbs for the H and V polarities.

i also have an fta stb which will be movin this dish at times for the ku linear and c band fta channels but would also like to know how i would go about allowing the fta stb (i have SV and VS) to receive the signals from 119w and 110w?

here are the ideas from a novice like myself who only have every played with power pass and diseqc switches and nothign else. . .

another 4x4 multiswitch for the 119w and 110w and use a diseqc switch on the fta side.

Attachments

• ADL feed.jpg
    ADL feed.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 192
  • stb and DN rev.JPG
    stb and DN rev.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
That looks like it would work. Your ku on the bud, will be off a fee degrees on dish position since your invacom has to off to the side. Extra dish positions will have to be saved.
I saw a feedhorn online somewhere that had dual c band lnbs and had a DBS lnb in the center out the back.

That looks like it would work. Your ku on the bud, will be off a fee degrees on dish position since your invacom has to off to the side. Extra dish positions will have to be saved.
I saw a feedhorn online somewhere that had dual c band lnbs and had a DBS lnb in the center out the back.

hey, i know this setup can work how its setup up there, but my question is: how do i get the ku circular signal to my fta stb also without disabling the subbed receiver?

the invacom will not be off to the side either. . .with this feed its completely centered.

You may also want to consider an 18V power insert for your vertical c-band LNB. 13V for power it is not optimal. Just my 2 cents.

You may also want to consider an 18V power insert for your vertical c-band LNB. 13V for power it is not optimal. Just my 2 cents.

thanks i will, thats why i posted up my idea. . .i just need the bigger heads to add on to it what i need. . .this is new teritory here :)

another 4x4 multiswitch inline with the circular polarities leading to the sw21 vip 722, then a diseqc switch between the fta receiver with one port going to your existing multiswitch and the other port leading to the "circular multiswitch" that will do it.
connect out of the vip 722 sw21 into the additional multiswitch 2 coaxes, then single coa from fta diseqc to the cir ular

thanks for all the input so far guys, i was thinkin the same but was not sure which switches work with dn and fta.

here is a new picture of what i think you meant, i have not put the power inwserter inplace as yet, but i believe it will go between the ms and the 'V' lnb then plug into power?
if this setup is now correct do i still need to up the sw21 switches?

thanks guys

stb and DN UPDATE.JPG

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)