What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have been unable to get any speicfics for this week yet - my main contact is on vacation.
Hopefully they will get those previously mentioned HD LIL in. They've just about topped out on the national content (other than what they've committed to not carrying).

Wow... at face value your job sounds fun but my god, you must have reached the point where you are so sick of looking at the naked body of a female, seeing all the flaws and all. I'll bet you can't help but think of the flaws when you see a nice looking woman out in public. What a horrible job. It must have ruined women for you. haha

first of all sorry to veer off topic (i guess i did sort of?). i just see so many requests/questions regarding this stuff in HD- that i thought it was semi-pertinent to the "topic". and that i want to point out and address that unless HD totally phases out SD (in terms of DVD with no more backwards compatability) we're probably not going to see a ton of HD or BR discs- of course there will be some. Assuming that HD broadcasts will eventually phase out SD broadcasts- i think what you will see is adult filmed widescreen at a lower resolution then uprezzed a bit to look nicer on our TV sets. it'll still look "nicer" but will not be as nice as HD. probably, actually, it will work that way for dvd. or some places like vivid, wicked, playboy will use some type of heavy softening filters if they go full on or a decent portion in HD. in all honesty i probably think playboy would do ok with their playmates who are still decent looking. it's when you get into the hardcore stars that you begin the see the toll that the long term "career" choice has. again not all of them are horrible looking or flawed...

but, yes, as far as the job. pays well, your individuality is respected, it is a stable career which can lead to bigger and better things. retouching photos is an art and becoming adept and really good at it can bring in good money if you go mainstream. a good retoucher can clear $150-$300 per hour in the mainstream world. getting there just not yet... also i can show up to work in a pair of shorts and t-shirt - noone cares.

the negative side is that yes, you become extremely critical of everything visual. i can pick out flaws in magazine covers, films and tv broadcasts. and worst of all humans. it gets to the point where you immediately size up a person upon meeting them and thinking "wow i could fix this and that". all my many flaws jump out in the mirror too.

as far as being a fan of adult. never was a huge won- but we all get "that hankering" from time to time. now- no way- i find clothing much more interesing...

back on topic.

last i heard, no new lil until after directv 11 is operational.

Directv's own press release says they will have 75 LiL markets by the end of the year. Since there are only at 61 now, D10 must be going to supply more HD LiL.

DirecTV - Investor Relations - News Release

DIRECTV's roll out of local HD channels in Mankato is part of a nationwide expansion of HD programming that includes plans to offer local HD channels in up to 75 markets and up to 100 national HD channels by year end.

Last edited:
Het Whiteyanderson? That avatar of yours doesn't happen to be one of the women that needed retouching that you were referring too , is it?

How about getting just plain old SD locals for those that have yet to get it. Some of us are still waiting for at least SD, HD will probably never come for some of us.

I saw a list of Citys getting local HD channels by the end of this year,and when I find it again,believe me I will post it. But from what I saw only 6 citys were on the list by the end of December. I wouldn't expect more then that untill D11 goes up. From what I understood is D* pushed back its most of its plans for Local HD,So they could focus on all are HD national channels. Remember, they had at one time planned to have D10 and D11 in the sky by the End of this year. With the launch pad issue,I think its safe to say,don't expect a major local channel launch this year.

One of those satellites (D10) is already up. They only have one more planned. Also, Scobuck continues to tell people that more markets are coming soon as well as adding more channels to markets already receiving HD LiL from D*.

DirecTV Updates FCC on Local Carriage

October 12, 2007
Look at the date
I'm sure they know that D10 is up and working.

If you don't want to believe what D* says to the FCC , that is your decision.

The statement of "satellites" in the FCC update is inconsistent with reality. D* only has one more satellite launch planed. So we will wait and see what happens.

if anymore hd lil is added this year, i'm thinking its late november or december. but the majority of new hd lil will be added next year after directv 11 is operational.

Look at the date
I'm sure they know that D10 is up and working.

If you don't want to believe what D* says to the FCC , that is your decision.

I have read and re-read that document (including the one linked at ethe word memorandum). Lot's of double speak - and the bulk of the story is about SD locals really.

But it doesn't say anywhere that they will not be launching ANY additional markets in HD until after D11 is up and running (or that they will for that matter).

My usually reliable 'insider' says that they are still working on getting new markets lit this year. We also know that it is a constantly changing work in progress.

The statement of "satellites" in the FCC update is inconsistent with reality. D* only has one more satellite launch planed. So we will wait and see what happens.

Nope! D* has two more satellites going up. Their CEO in a statement 2-4 weeks ago said that D11 would go up Dec.07/Jan.08 and D12 would go up sometime later in 2008. :)

Ok, I have bitten my tongue until now hoping someone else would ask, but I have to ask now. So, here goes:

What is an HD LIL? You guys throw abbreviations around all the time without bothering every once in a while to fully type it out in the off chance someone doesn't know what it is. Can ya start doing that a little from now on, please? :)

LIL
Local Into Local. These are stations you receive via a satellite over DirecTV or the Dish Network that are broadcast out of your own local market. LIL is the exact opposite of OOM. Chances are if you can get LIL broadcasts they will be standard definition and not High Definition.

Nope! D* has two more satellites going up. Their CEO in a statement 2-4 weeks ago said that D11 would go up Dec.07/Jan.08 and D12 would go up sometime later in 2008. :)
I've always heard that D12 was to be a spare. Does D* have the FCC authority to use the additional transponders D12 would provide?

Status
Please reply by conversation.