What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't forget about the spotbeams from Spaceway-1 that takes away from that 32 TP count. I'd have to go with the other poster with the 16 TP's for national coverage on this bird. That should put them at their 70 goal.

70? The goal is 100 by the end of the year, not 70.

Channel 499 is no longer there.
Try 480 and 481, this will tell you if your B-band converters are working and verify that you are looking at the 130 sat.

just curious, are you using a multiswitch, if so it needs to be a WB68, you cannot use the older ones.

498 supposivly has something on it, but i have only the banner when I go there.

jimbo

Channel 498 on my HR20 has:

"Important HD Information

Congratulations!

Your HD setup is correct and you are seeing this broadcast from our new HD Satellite. By the end of this month, we'll have many of your favorite channels in HD, with over 70 available in October and up to 100 by the end of the year."

Congratulations!

Your HD setup is correct and you are seeing this broadcast from our new HD Satellite. By the end of this month, we'll have many of your favorite channels in HD, with over 70 available in October and up to 100 by the end of the year."

So does mine on both HR-20's.

Last edited:
my problem is I see no signal on 103 b and when i am told to go to channel 499, it says channel not availbale...I have a Terk off-air antenna with my dish, so could that be my problem?

Check channel 498. It will tell you if you are hooked up correctly. If you are diplexing the ota antenna with the D* cable you will not be able to see signals from the new satellite. You need to run a separate line for the ota antenna.

Smegal whats his HD WANTS IT!! WANTS IT!! WANTS IT!! Hope they will still put something on tonight at 3am pst BTW is Discovery and hdnet that we have now in the 70's are they considered HD lite or HD?What i'm asking is will the quality of the new chans be superior to that?

Halo 3 or DirecTV HD...which makes it to the wire first?

Here we are in the Great Age Of Technology...examining the innards of sacrificed goats to divine when the new channels will come up.

No goats were harmed in the making of this post. Well, maybe just a small one.

Something is happening because my local HD channels went dead for a couple minutes at 10:40 PM PST.

Last night 499 disappeared for awhile about that time for a few minutes then came back and of course later at the night 499 disappeared again and 498 appeared heres hoping this might mean they will flip the switch!

Blah i need to drag myself away from the computer.its just making time move slower :| anyone else here hoping for some last minute info

Don't forget about the spotbeams from Spaceway-1 that takes away from that 32 TP count. I'd have to go with the other poster with the 16 TP's for national coverage on this bird. That should put them at their 70 goal.

Spaceway-1 is the satellite that shares the 102.8 orbit with Directv-10 now. It is an older model 702 that has nothing to do with -1 other than sharing it's orbit. Directv-10 and 11 are redesigned versions of the same model. Spaceway-1 has 54 transponders that were supposed to deliver broadband via dish. After Murdoch bought D* that was all scraped and some of it's transponders were reconfigured from spot beams to national. The 54 TP's on Spaceway-1 are completely seperate from the 32 national transponders on -10.
Military electronics and satellites used to be my business.

Well that would be about on target,Because D* has been claimming 150 National HD capacity,so 70 per satellite ,with 2 satellites is 140 Give or take ,I'd say thats right where they want to be.I'm not going to complain about having 140 HD channels instead of 150. And if they are in true HD,I'd be happy with 100.If the new MPEG 4 HD looks anything like YESHD and SNYHD,Then E* better start to worry,because E* MPEG4 isn't even close to D* Mpeg 4,IN Picture quailty. Mepg 2 was a different story,maybe the 6 per transponder isn't such a good Idea.Just let D* work on the picture quality and E* can work on giving us more HD-lite PPV.:rolleyes:

actually I was about to get Directwav when it became hughesnet murdoch sucks either way Night

I could never do satellite internet. It is bad enough that I lose my TV when it rains, I couldn't deal with losing internet too.
Satellite is only faster then Dial-up anyway. Its not faster the DSL or Cable. Even the slower version of DSL is faster for $20. Lets see Satellite touch that price.

Congratulations!

Check channel 498. It will tell you if you are hooked up correctly. If you are diplexing the ota antenna with the D* cable you will not be able to see signals from the new satellite. You need to run a separate line for the ota antenna.

When I check 498, I still get a black screen....
480, 481 say I have working BBC's and can see the 103, what more is there.

What rec's are you guy's using, maybe that has something to do with it.
I have HR20-700.

Jimbo

Jimbo, I get the Important HD information screen on 498 right now on my HR20-100.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts