What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Scott

Thanks for the info - Glad I found this forum - a little more loose than some of the others but you don't seem to hold back the info like the other guys.

We could almost make a movie out of this whole affair when it is over. :)

Would like to know in the end the technical reasons for the problems - and to know the political ones later.

I hope your are right on the picture quality. It sounds too good to be true and I want to believe it.

I just joined to reply to this. Straight from Boeing's web site, Directv-10 and 11 have 32 active and 12 spare national transponders each as well as 55 active and 15 spare spot beams. If you do the math at 4 each on the national transponders thats 128 possible channels each.

I just joined to reply to this. Straight from Boeing's web site, Directv-10 and 11 have 32 active and 12 spare national transponders each as well as 55 active and 15 spare spot beams. If you do the math at 4 each on the national transponders thats 128 possible channels each.
Nothing like real data

thanks from me too

Scott,

What is your best guess (percentage) that some HD channels show up tomorrow morning? Dagnabit, I want to watch the Big Ten Channel games in HD tomorrow.

Not sure if this goes in this thread or not but I talked to a representative from the Big Ten Network tonight in Champaign. The Big Ten Network is holding a function at a local restaurant to pimp the new network. Anyway, I went up to him and asked what was the deal with not being in HD on Directv. I acted like a dumb yocal (someone who doesn't go to SatelliteGuys.US) and he said the problem what on Directv's side. Duh. He then said the the higher management people at the network are very unhappy and have been in constant contact with Directv. He later said next weeks game have been guaranteed to be in HD on Directv.

Surprised he didn't say "There's no problems with our HD... DishNetwork has it. DirecTV dropped the ball for now."

Don't forget about the spotbeams from Spaceway-1 that takes away from that 32 TP count. I'd have to go with the other poster with the 16 TP's for national coverage on this bird. That should put them at their 70 goal.

Very cool info. Didn't think to look on Boeing's site.

Thanks!

It pisses me off that they are not coming till next wendsday I'm hoping tonight they at least do something or there might be last minute info coming in from scott or sco or somebody Its good to hear that the HD will be high quality But Honestly i don't know what HD lite is I read a few threads about it but Don't really grasp it(kinda new to the HD game) I assume HD Lite is like TNT hd or espn HD which is more like a upconverted regular chan or even a croped 720 deal Anyone able to explains this better?

Well Guys, your looking at the owner of a new 55" Hitachi Plasma to celebrate our new HD channels. My wife said she felt like I was hogging the 65" DLP and made me get another big screen! Since I wanted a plamsa for the bedroom anyway I went ahead and bought it. So, now I can enjoy the new channels while relaxing!!! :D

Awesome i was going to get a DLP at first but the smallest i could get was 56 so i went for a lcd 40 " considering that its only about a foot or two away from my bed :|

my problem is I see no signal on 103 b and when i am told to go to channel 499, it says channel not availbale...I have a Terk off-air antenna with my dish, so could that be my problem?

my problem is I see no signal on 103 b and when i am told to go to channel 499, it says channel not availbale...I have a Terk off-air antenna with my dish, so could that be my problem?

Channel 499 is no longer there.
Try 480 and 481, this will tell you if your B-band converters are working and verify that you are looking at the 130 sat.

just curious, are you using a multiswitch, if so it needs to be a WB68, you cannot use the older ones.

498 supposivly has something on it, but i have only the banner when I go there.

jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts