What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Speaking of NY RSN's, why is it that SNY HD is in 720p when it is really a 1080i channel. It always came in at 1080i now it changed to 720p, and has lost PQ.

Speaking of NY RSN's, why is it that SNY HD is in 720p when it is really a 1080i channel. It always came in at 1080i now it changed to 720p, and has lost PQ.

PQ should be BETTER in 720p than 1080i, seeing it is a Sports channel I can see them using 720p, but I did not know the transition from one to the other was that easy.

Jimbo

Problem with that is, CBS HD for NFL and College kicks the crap out of most. Flipping between the ESPN's (720p) last night and CBS (1080i) really made me feel embarrassed for ESPN since they are supposed to be a sports network.

Well - exactly what channels would you like to see lit up?

Actually - most everything I watch is already up. I'd like to see Comedy Central, WGN (before baseball starts) and more HBOs.

I know they are coming, eventually. Well, except WGN, which I hope is coming.

Eventually they will start up more LiL which is when we'll start seeing pockets of customers get excited.

Problem with that is, CBS HD for NFL and College kicks the crap out of most. Flipping between the ESPN's (720p) last night and CBS (1080i) really made me feel embarrassed for ESPN since they are supposed to be a sports network.

I'm not sure what CBS does, but they must do something different than others, maybe using better cameras ???
CBS has always been better than the other mpeg2 channels fro some reason. CSI Miami looks incredible normally :)

Jimbo

WGN is currently scheduled for a December 1st launch in HD; however, no commitments have been made from any carriers. Consequently, they may be broadcasting in HD with no one to receive said signal.

PQ should be BETTER in 720p than 1080i, seeing it is a Sports channel I can see them using 720p, but I did not know the transition from one to the other was that easy.

Jimbo
That is a myth. Neither FOX OTA nor ESPN or anything else is better PQ than CBS 1080i NFL OTA. I don't care what the numbers say or the mathematics about progressive scan. Its all bunk. One look at the picture would tell anyone that.

To be honest I'm happy with what's there now and only would like to see adds if it means no reduction in PQ. So if it had to wait till D11 is operational no big deal. But I am hoping they add within the next 6 months:

Chiller
Comedy Central
Disney (channels)
HBO multiplex channels
ABC Family

I hadn't looked in a few weeks at the active SW1 and SW2 transponders, but I just did and I see that at 103a there are now 16 transponders turned on. Does anyone know when they turned these on?

Could there be some new HD lils coming soon? Now that they have added most of the HD national channels, maybe it's time to concentrate on the locals again.

I hadn't looked in a few weeks at the active SW1 and SW2 transponders, but I just did and I see that at 103a there are now 16 transponders turned on. Does anyone know when they turned these on?

Could there be some new HD lils coming soon? Now that they have added most of the HD national channels, maybe it's time to concentrate on the locals again.

I noticed this a few weeks back, only 5 have signals on them though, interestingly enough, 2 of them are at 96 and 100, maybe something good WILL be happening soon.

Jimbo

That is a myth. Neither FOX OTA nor ESPN or anything else is better PQ than CBS 1080i NFL OTA. I don't care what the numbers say or the mathematics about progressive scan. Its all bunk. One look at the picture would tell anyone that.

I agree.

CBS vs ESPN may not be fair because D* could be partly at fault for ESPN looking like arse.

CBS does beat Fox HD too.

According to the Manning commercials, CBS uses Sony cameras :)

One mans opinion., not mine.

Jimbo

There was a new thread about this a few weeks ago and some SD LIL's that were going to be on them. It was also thought that these new 103(a) TP's were actually coming from D10 and not SW1.

Fox HD is 720p, CBS HD is 1080i. That's the difference.

:welcome to the site.

There is a big debate about which is better between the 720p and 1080i and you will get split designs from who ever you ask.
I feel 720p is better for fast action sports and 1080i is better for most other programing, others feel 1080i is better.

What would be nice is if we could get 1080p ...

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)