What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Most importantly they lead directv in many markets as far as offering the vital networks in hd- abc, cbs, nbc, fox, cw, pbs, as well as many local channels similiar to those you get in sub channels with OTA.....24 hr local news, weather etc. For example, fios offers 9 local hd channels in providence, directv a whopping 2. These are channels people watch far more than stretch o vision hd national networks and the smithsonian channel.

Why do you constantly bring up STRETCHOVISION ???

That is a network issue, NOT a D* issue and you've known that since the beginning.
D* is the provider, they transmit what the network sends them.

As for your quote about the 2 channels in providence, Big deal do they carry all those channels in the majority of the top cities in the country ?
They are not even IN the top 20 cities in the country for thier programming, let alone locals.

Your locals arguement is rediculous.

Jimbo

But once again Questioner, we would like to thank you for your babble...ummm errr I mean information. Dude you have been drinking FIOS Kool-Aid for so long you have lost touch with reality. Because of you, I swear if FIOS ever becomes available in my area and carries every HD station ever made in the best quality possible, I still won't get it. It would remind me of you and would make me sick.

Nope, to promote the truth.

FIOS will be carrying the channel in most of their markets, happy now?

I will regret the loss of viewing many quality HD programs on this channel in the interim between Sunday and Wednesday. Thank you for letting me know to be saddened.

Directv will not be carrying the channel on sunday. Fios will be however in most markets.
How many other HD channels will FiOS be carrying on Sunday that Direct does not have? Even better, how many HD channels will FiOS have by next Wednesday that are not on Direct? Again, how is this an upgrade?

Then why are they way behind Direct in the amount of HD channels offered?

As I've said before, fios focuses on quality not quantity, and the channels people want most. People want the major networks, cbs, abc, pbs etc in hd before anything else, fios leads directv in this area. People also want the best looking picture quality, fios leads directv in this area.

Questioner - need I remind you that this is a DirecTV thread in a DirecTV forum?

You have hijacked this thread with your FiOS vs DirecTV postings. This thread has absolutely nothing at all to do with FiOS.

Please - on-topic.

As I've said before, fios focuses on quality not quantity, and the channels people want most. People want the major networks, cbs, abc, pbs etc in hd before anything else, fios leads directv in this area. People also want the best looking picture quality, fios leads directv in this area.
I will admit that the PQ with FiOS is slightly better. But, who cares when there is not much HD to begin with and difference in PQ is not that noticeable?

Considering Direct has the same quantity of "quality" HD channels as well as many many more HD channels that FiOS does not carry, I would say Direct still has the edge. Wouldn't you also call HD sports, "quality" HD channels? I know I would. Where are those located on FiOS?

As far as my area. Direct carries 8 locals in HD (only 1 less than FiOS) and 2 local RSN's in HD, plus I can get all of my locals in HD via a cheep set of rabbit ears behind my TV (better PQ than FiOS btw). Considering FiOS does not offer the sports I watch, does not offer any more locals in HD than I can get through Direct and/or OTA, and offers far less national HD, why in the heck should I downgrade what I currently have by going with FiOS? Yes, it is a downgrade when one switches to a provider (FiOS...cough, cough) that only offers less than half of what one currently has. Nice try though.

Last edited:
Questioner - need I remind you that this is a DirecTV thread in a DirecTV forum?

You have hijacked this thread with your FiOS vs DirecTV postings. This thread has absolutely nothing at all to do with FiOS.

Please - on-topic.

Does it look like the adds on 4/2 will be the 4 channels already speculated about or do you think there may be some surprises? :hungry:

(Actually I'm totally happy either way. Heck, I'm totally happy just with what I have now with NO additions. More is gravy. I just wanted to help steer the thread back to topic.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts