What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Washington Post also has a feature story today about the Smithsonian Channel beginning on Wednesday only for DirecTV HD customers.

SD NFL only two teams...

I guess they have done a few, I did not realize that the Ravens were on FOX, watching on the ST I really don't pay attention to what network it is on.

Glad to see the Local HD games are on again this year :)

Jimbo

There are only 2 teams in the NFL that don't broadcast their games in HD...the Texans and the Cardinals. It just so happens that last week, here in North Carolina, the Texans played the Carolina Panthers (my local game) which the broadcasting is handled by the away team, so we got that game in standard def. and the other game was the Cardinals at the Ravens so that too was a standard def. game. Those two teams either traditionaly get low ratings or they have cheap ownership, whichever the case, all the other NFL teams broadcast in HD and of course if the Cards or the Texans were to show up on Sunday or Monday night football they would get the HD treatment. :up

The funny thing is I talked to about 5 CSR's and an installer and they told me Wilkes-Barre/Scranton locals will be in HD by end of Sept. I assume this isn't true but I am glad to hear we'll have more HD channels this week.

Are all the RSN going to go HD? Is this gonna be one of the channels added quickly or more towards the end of the year?

Personally, the other guys site puts out just as much info that has been wrong. I know that Scott gets as good a info as he can, and he can't be held responsible for D* problems that occur. I would love to see the HD show up on Wednesday.. But if it doesn't because of another glitch, I am not going to lose any more sleep over it. After last weeks fiasco, I am just going to take a wait and see attitude..

Frankly - I think our info is good - it comes from reputable inside sources - and as well noted in this case, there were things that occurred to change things at the very last moment -

What concerns me are the number of folks in the polls at the other site that say they're still having issues receiving the 498 test channel. I wonder if D* will look at numbers, around 16% of the responders are not able to get 498, and hold up the turnup until those numbers come down. Hell they may just hold them up until Vurbano can get it just to shut him up;)

Frankly - I think our info is good - it comes from reputable inside sources - and as well noted in this case, there were things that occurred to change things at the very last moment -

This reputable inside source isn't the Washington Post is it? An esteemed publication such as the Post makes reference to the Smithsonian HD Channel being available this Wednesday on D*. Maybe just one of the many we soon shall see.......

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/24/AR2007092400022.html?hpid=entnews

What concerns me are the number of folks in the polls at the other site that say they're still having issues receiving the 498 test channel. I wonder if D* will look at numbers, around 16% of the responders are not able to get 498, and hold up the turnup until those numbers come down. Hell they may just hold them up until Vurbano can get it just to shut him up;)

Anyone havng that problem should try to change their BBCs. I undertand that is a major cause of this issue.

The following quote is from Bschneider:
BTW.. if someone tunes into 498 and there is a gray screen.. they probably need a new b-band convertor. They probably got a bad one.

Problem with some people, is that they don't understand how inside info works and how it can be inaccurate. They then take that opportunity to bust on people.

Id rather have an idea of what may happen than not know at all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts