What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Amazing DIRECTV is adding HD almost every week (sometimes more than once). They are adding national channels, RSNS, locals at a strong pace.

And what is up at the competition? I haven't heard too much in a a month or longer? Anyone know?

considering this guy apprently works for directv and has been spot on, i don't think this is as far-fetched as some of you believe!

I do not know when it will happen, but LIL in Rochester, NY is all set to go. D* has even iniaited and completed the billing which is the last thing to do. It could be they are officious for D11 or we are one of the mkts to go live in the next two weeks.

For the first time in over 2 weeks I spoke with my contact today - he is telling me that indeed to expect MSG and FSNY this Wednesday (old news). There is also 2 HD nationals (I don't know which ones) expected for this week - and a couple more new HD local markets. I hope to get the scoop on which ones on Monday and will post if I do.

They expect to end the year at/about 75 HD local markets as promised.

Hoping one of the new nationals is WGN-Superstation, too bad they're not on tonight for the Bulls game which would have been in HD.

For the first time in over 2 weeks I spoke with my contact today - he is telling me that indeed to expect MSG and FSNY this Wednesday (old news). There is also 2 HD nationals (I don't know which ones) expected for this week - and a couple more new HD local markets. I hope to get the scoop on which ones on Monday and will post if I do.

They expect to end the year at/about 75 HD local markets as promised.

great news, anything new on sabres games in HD. I am 5 min from the arena and am stuck like everyone else in sd. All i want from directv is my sabres games in HD. PLEASE!!!!

great news, anything new on sabres games in HD. I am 5 min from the arena and am stuck like everyone else in sd. All i want from directv is my sabres games in HD. PLEASE!!!!

The Sabres should be lit within a couple of weeks. They have to run fiber - it is now a technical issue, NOT a contractual issue.

As first reported by Satelliteracer:
However, the Sabres games in HD are received on a seperate feed so the Sabres games will NOT be in HD when these two channels are launched until that feed can be brought in via fiber in a few weeks...but that is coming as well (stay patient Sabres fans...soon)

I'm assuming it's only Sabres home games like we Time Warner customers get too, right? Last I heard they have no way of getting the away games in HD on the MSG alternate HD channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)