What Would You Like To See?

New TV's (Sickly large ones, next gen plasmas etc) What will supercede the Kuro 151 and 111 FD's this year?

ARCHOS - any word on when or if they will release a Dish add-on for their latest so that we can copy HD off ViPx22 receivers and view elsewhere?

Didn't HD DVD announce bigger storage space last year? Is Blu going to do the same this year?

HD DVD, of course, will not be doing anything.

There are different versions of greater Blu-ray capacity, but none appear to be heading for market in the near term. 4, 12 & 16 layers have been discussed. Possible uses include 3D, multiple titles per disc, and data storage. But there seems to be no pressure to expand the capacity any time soon. Hopefully, they'll continue testing the ideas that are already floating.

I would like to see big screen SONY TVS line up models for this year & blu-ray players :)
i wanna buy big screen sony tv over 60", & blu-ray .. just wanna wait & see what they come up this year and price range!

Last edited:
I would like to see the CES Press Releases stay in the 2009 CES Forum instead of being moved to their "native" forums. Go ahead and move them after CES, but if any discussion takes place in the thread, it won't be obvious because the thread was moved. Please leave them in this forum for now. That's what I'd like to see...

On a more personal note, I'm looking for a flat panel display with the largest diagonal measure that is no more than 52" wide, LCD or Plasma. 1080x1920, of course, and at least 4 HDMI v1.3 inputs. Built-in DVR nice, but not necessary. Thickness of no concern. LED backlighting if LCD.

Stupid Questions...

A year to two back, Scott did a review CES (and even purchased) a Slingbox imitation box. As I recall, the maker put on a great demo, but the box was a big disappointment when Scott put it into world application for reasons I don't recall.

Anyway, my questions are what was the name of this device...are they at CES 2009...and have they finally worked out the bugs?

Thanks!

Is Microsoft there ? Will they release a Blu-Ray add-on for the XBOX 360 ? Other than Sony getting a slice of the licensing fees, I believe this will HURT Sony's PS3 sales and only help sales of the 360.

Based on all the Vizio press releases I'd like to see you all head over there and get some pictures of their new products, looks like some neat stuff for very low prices.

* USB 3.0
* Powermat Charging Mat- charge devices without cords, WOW!

* MSI U115 Laptop, that has a Solid State Drive & regular Hard Drive too. And 12 hours of battery life.
* Toshiba's advanced TV Cell microchip
* Viable VPAD + Touchscreen Tablet
* LG wrist phones
* LG Tv's with wireless
* Microsoft 7
* And anything apple!

Looking for coverage. So far I've been getting more pics and reports from CNET, engaget, BBC America. Disappointed we're not getting the real users point of view here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)