What You All Think

Ok, I'm a new user here :) so far love the fourms! lots of good info..

I was just wondeirng what you all thought of this tv :

Digital Lifestyles 32'' LCD HDTV 3rd Edition with HDMI Cable at HSN.com

it seems like a pretty good deal to me.. but just wanted some other Ops' on it..

I'm just now starting to look for something, gotta wait for that rebate check to come before I buy :D

Lots of choices for a 32" 720P set at $600. FWIW, I did a quick web search and came up with a price of $499 at geeks.com

32" Digital Lifestyles LT32323 Widescreen HDTV LCD (Black) Digital Lifestyles LT32323

Amazon has it for $574.79
Amazon.com: 32-Inch Digital Lifestyles LT32323 Widescreen HDTV LCD (Black): Electronics

Discussion over at AVS Forum
Digital Lifestyles 32" LCD HDTV - AVS Forum

I think you can do better on price than at HSN

Yep, that's a 420P EDTV, not HD.
BTW, y9u will be hard pressed to find a 1080P 32" set, and if you found one, you might be hard pressed to see the improvement.

Ok, I knew I was reading that right.... Yep, I kindda figured on the 1080P, heck I dont really even need 1080, so a nice 32 Inch 720P will be just fine!

I would look at the lower end Samsung or Sony models. They have them at Wal-Mart I believe. You won't be sorry. Wal-Mart will let you have a 90 day money back or same exchange too!!!

Wouldn't EDTV have better quality for SDTV channels and programs?

Maybe in the short term but in the long term probably not. It is better to have an 1080 set and feed it 1080. Perhaps on OTA analog SDTV might do better. But, soon OTA analog will be gone. Get an upconverting DVD player and even the worst TV scalers are taken out of the equasion. All the channels here send out 1080 or 720 full time with just black boxes on the side. An SDTV would have to scale them all down, and if they are too cheap to have higher resolution, odds are they will have a cheap scaler with tons of jaggies and other artifacts.

Ok, I'm a new user here :) so far love the fourms! lots of good info..

I was just wondeirng what you all thought of this tv :

Digital Lifestyles 32'' LCD HDTV 3rd Edition with HDMI Cable at HSN.com

it seems like a pretty good deal to me.. but just wanted some other Ops' on it..

I'm just now starting to look for something, gotta wait for that rebate check to come before I buy :D

Has anyone asked what is it going to be used for? I mean 32" is tiny and for a few bucks more you could either get a better quality or at least something bigger is this will be used for any amount of H/T viewing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)