What's a good Ext Hard Drive?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ronsspas

Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
Nebraska
Well dish is sending me a new 722k and I have to get my recordings off my old 722k. What is a good Hard drive that I can use for download off my old to new 722? And possible use the hard drive back up my computer once in a while.

I've also had good results with the WD & Seagate drives. Though in my case, I first did the Seagate 2TB as a test with my 211k ... which formatted the drive then told me it was too big.. you know.. dish says things (max 1TB) but not always truthful .. and so put it onto my 722k which had no problem ..

As to the whole "off my old to new" ... I wouldn't bother with the "to new" part. Put it on the EHD and leave it there.. this frees up your internal drive for the 55 hours of HD ... its just as easy to access off the EHD as it is on the internal drive.. so there's no reason to waste the time to put it back on the internal .. and also the EHD's are really not that expensive any more.. Costco has the 2tb on sale most of the time for 99 to 129 ...

You can also find good deals at NewEgg

WD hands down. 2TB as well as 500GB and up all work great. Not so much Seagate for me or others judging by posts, though many do say they work fine also. There are posts on this, including at other sites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)