Whats coming in the next year for BHN CFL

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

The Insider

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
The Swamp
Well some big things are coming to central florida.. Some in tampa already have a few of them..

1. No more analog tv.. BHN will be from current time frame dropping its analog channels by the middle of next year. This will free up over 60 channels of space (each 'channel' can handle over 10-20 Digital channels or 2-4 HD channels depending on compression and even more channels if they use them on SDV) So with this BHN will be offering a low cost box for your other tvs (around the 1-2$ a month price range) So that you can still get cable on all your tvs in your home. (There maybe even a free option depending on hardware pricing at the time)

2. Wideband is coming orlando.. Its already beta testing in some areas and look forward to being launching within the first few months of next year in some select areas. Which will mean speeds over 40mbit.

3. A lot of BHNS carriage contracts end Dec 31 so look for the end of this month to have a lot of heated ads and debate while BHN tries to get the best possible pricing on from its programmers..

4. Big changes coming to BHNS customer service. They currently have a deadline by the middle of Jan 2010 to be on a "same day" trouble call rate. So if you call in today because your TV is out we get there today to fix it. Currently there is at highest a 3 day wait but typically 1-2 days.

5. SDV and wide band are the future, and BHNS node upgrade project is almost done. By the next 3-4months or less all BHN nodes in CFL will be upgraded to 1gig.

I do not know for sure, But I couldnt imagine there not being new additons to the HD lineup next year..

Another note when BHN does go all digital I do also expect them to offer smaller tiers of service..

Sorta like the sat companies do now, say only a 50ch family plan or 100ch plan etc.. If the contracts with content providers can be reached. As no longer will technology be a limitation on offering such packages.

how about the little dtv boxes that peeps need to use over the air programing. some, witch i have a couple, have 2 options, antenna or cable in.

would that accept bhn digital direct signals to use with the tv, under cable in mode, for when bhn changes to all digital to those who only have basic cable?

The Insider- I have a buddy that wondered if his QAM TV tuner will be be enough or if he will still need that BH cable box when analog is eliminated? He only gets basic and with that he gets some over the air HD. The rest of his sets are older ones so he understands that though the above entry question(Razorphreak900) is a good one. For budgeted folk 1 or 2 dollars a month and that is 12 or $24 a year so add it plus tax to a cable bill and well a little much that costs enough already.

I am not entirely sure. I will have to find out of they will be broardcast clearqam or not. More then likely this maybe the case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)