Whats for breakfast?

Toasted English muffin, slow roasted pork carnitas, two poached eggs, cheddar and smothered in NM green chile sauce. Black coffee.

Chorizo, egg and hash-brown burrito. Cheese, New Mexico red and green chile. Black coffee.
o.jpg
This again today.

Reactions: dfergie
"Santa Fe Cakes" at Hello Deli in Abq. Two blue corn pancakes with cheddar/jack, green chile and pinon with a slab of ham on the side. It's the first time I've had this combination and it wont be the last. Sooo... good.

I stole this picture from Yelp to give you an idea what this unusual concoction looks like. Absolutely brilliant!
00pancake.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: dfergie and Bobby
Pan fried potatoes, egg, cheddar and *Lemitar green chile burrito.

*Most people associate New Mexico green chile with Hatch. And rightfully so but they aren't the only game in town. 120 miles north of Hatch, NM is Lemitar, NM. The soil is a little different so the chile has a unique flavor. I roasted and froze 40 lbs during the 2022 summer/fall harvest and it's amazing.

Breakfast enchiladas and a chile relleno. Strong black coffee to get me going after a wee bit of Stout last night during St. Patrick's celebrations. :coffee

Reactions: Bobby
Cowboy Burrito. Scrambled eggs, country spuds, cheddar-jack cheese, and chopped chicken fried steak wrapped in a tortilla, smothered in green chile cream gravy.

Made 3 crunch wraps, (egg, cheese bacon), 3 egg sandwiches (bread sized homemade sausage paddy, egg & cheese) 1 ham, egg & 2 slices of cheese sandwich for the next weeks breakfasts... (will have 2 extras for the next week along with a scrambled egg burrito from the last round) plus 3 waffles and ham as a bonus for humpday.