What's for dinner ?

Fried Yellow Squash for breakfast... (in olive oil)

I grilled some zucchinis and yellow squash on the grill the other night for dinner. They turned out absolutely amazing.....

First, I sliced them in half length-wise and put them on the grill, insides down (skin up) over medium heat. I left them on until they got nice grill marks and turned tender (Apx 7-9 minutes). For the next 3-5 minutes I flipped them over and placed the skin side down.

At this time, I sauted fresh minced garlic in a bit of olive oil on my side burner. I then took the zucchinis and squash off the grill and sliced them into cubes. Once the garlic was appropriately cooked, I added the veggie cubes. Toss the veggies in the garlic saute and let coat. I then added some marinara sauce. Toss and let the sauce get warm before serving.

Worked well as a quick and easy side dish for just about any summer meal.

A thick New York Strip Steak for a late breakfast...

Dude, you really spoil yourself for breakfast, don't you?

Personally, I don't go all out on breakfast until the weekends. Breakfast for me on a weekday is typically limited to liquid caffeine containing dark roasted coffee beans!

Snap beans and bacon.

A really good snack food.

Take five or so canned snapped (green) beans, wrap in half a strip of bacon a secure wtih a toothpick.

Season however you want. I use a little salt and pepper.

Bake at 350 for an hour, or so. Until the bacon is done. Makes a GREAT snack, or pre meal food

Artichoke & Parmesan Stuffed Quail Rolls

Bob-white breasts pounded flat, a slice of prosciutto ham and a filling of artichoke, Parmesan, garlic, green onion and white pepper with a dash of mayonnaise ground smooth and layered on top. Rolled and picked, drizzled with butter and then cooked for half an hour and served on marinara sauce.

The legs were grilled with Mozambique Spice Co barbecue sauce as an appetizer.

Served with L Bernard-Pitois Champagne from Mareuil-sur-Ay.

Attachments

• quailrolls.jpg
    quailrolls.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 102
Bob-white breasts pounded flat, a slice of prosciutto ham and a filling of artichoke, Parmesan, garlic, green onion and white pepper with a dash of mayonnaise ground smooth and layered on top. Rolled and picked, drizzled with butter and then cooked for half an hour and served on marinara sauce.

Sounds almost like a Quail Saltimbocca !!!

Deep fried potatoes with onions and peppers along with deep fried fish (bluegill and crappie).

No wine today, I went trap shooting later with my daughter and her boyfriend.

Teal (small ducks) roasted in red wine with garlic, potatoes, onions, peppers and carrots. Served with a well aerated Cahors.

This was a request from my daughter for her sixteenth birthday (except the wine).

Thanks for that one!!!! I'm am gonna try that. Truly Hardcore!! Next time try it with Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle

Thanks for that one!!!! I'm am gonna try that. Truly Hardcore!! Next time try it with Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle

If you'd like, I can post the entire recipe.

The Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle sounds outstanding. It is a bit out of my range for the normal bottle with dinner, but I'll definitely put it on my list.

If you'd like, I can post the entire recipe.

The Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle sounds outstanding. It is a bit out of my range for the normal bottle with dinner, but I'll definitely put it on my list.
Yes, I wish you would!!! My agency does PR for Laurent Perrier...I can't drink it that often either!

Yes, I wish you would!!! My agency does PR for Laurent Perrier...I can't drink it that often either!

Here's the recipe for Artichoke & Parmesan Stuffed Partridge Rolls. I cheated and scanned it in rather than typing. Let me know if you have any trouble with reading it, and let me know how it turns out when you try it.

Hungarian partridge are a darker meat, while the bob-whites I used were of course very light. I think either will work very well, as would just about any medium to small gallinacious fowl; chukar, any of the quail, doves (even though doves aren't gallinacious), etc.

Good luck, and, if you pick up a case of the good stuff at a company contest, give me a shout!

Attachments

• artichoke.jpg
    artichoke.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 84
Here's the recipe for Artichoke & Parmesan Stuffed Partridge Rolls. I cheated and scanned it in rather than typing. Let me know if you have any trouble with reading it, and let me know how it turns out when you try it.

Hungarian partridge are a darker meat, while the bob-whites I used were of course very light. I think either will work very well, as would just about any medium to small gallinacious fowl; chukar, any of the quail, doves (even though doves aren't gallinacious), etc.

Good luck, and, if you pick up a case of the good stuff at a company contest, give me a shout!
Will do and thanks again!!:hungry: