What's for dinner ?

Night before last was pork rib tips grilled and seasoned with burger seasoning with a side of brown rice and last night was a take and bake pizza followed by desert of carrot cake.

Tonight, I will dine on homemade* (local store purchased) Pirogi's fried in butter and paprika, topped with caramelized yellow onions and a dollop of sour cream. The pirogi's are filled with potatoes and cheddar cheese. The pirogi's will be accompanied by a grilled beef kielbasi and a local Oktoberfest bier.

Pictures to follow tonight.....

Last edited:
Tonight, I will dine on homemade* (local store purchased) Pirogi's fried in butter and paprika, topped with caramelized yellow onions and a dollop of sour cream. The pirogi's are filled with potatoes and cheddar cheese. The pirogi's will be accompanied by a grilled beef kielbasi and a local Oktoberfest bier.

And what are you going to watch while eating that? Cavs preseason?

OMG! One of my all-time favorite meals: Pierogi's and Kielbosi! (And for the record, my wife thinks I'm a dork for taking pictures of my food creations. :)

Attachments

• CIMG1747.JPG
    CIMG1747.JPG
    259 KB · Views: 109
  • CIMG1752.JPG
    CIMG1752.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 104
  • CIMG1754.JPG
    CIMG1754.JPG
    232.3 KB · Views: 108
  • CIMG1755.JPG
    CIMG1755.JPG
    463.5 KB · Views: 97
  • CIMG1757.JPG
    CIMG1757.JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 99
  • CIMG1759.JPG
    CIMG1759.JPG
    266.8 KB · Views: 120
OMG! One of my all-time favorite meals: Pierogi's and Kielbosi! (And for the record, my wife thinks I'm a dork for taking pictures of my food creations. :)

You got my attention...:hungry:

Polish comfort food goes a long way with me! I've been known to steam a kielbasa in beer once in a while, cut it into chucks and serve it as a snack with toothpicks...

Thats one for gameday too! :D :D :D

Check out those grill marks on that kielbasi! Bobby Flay would be proud!

BTW, that was the first time I used that Lodge, Cast Iron reversible griddle (Birthday Gift). Fits perfectly on my stovetop and heats evenly. I might flip it to the flat side and do a bunch of homemade pancakes this weekend.

Chicken Parm with Spaghetti & Marinara Sauce

Last night, I had 2 boneless chicken breasts in the fridge I needed to use up, so I made a simple chicken parmesan dinner out of them.

Instructions:

Pound out the chicken with a meat tenderizer until thin.
Cover with flour, then egg, then bread crumbs.
Drizzle each side with olive oil or cooking spray, then place on baking sheet.
Cook at 400ºF for 15 minutes or until brown.
Remove pan from oven and cover chicken with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cook @ 400ºF for an additional 10 minutes.

This dish is best served with a side of spaghetti and sauce. Simple, yet good.

Attachments

• CIMG1761.JPG
    CIMG1761.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 122
  • CIMG1762.JPG
    CIMG1762.JPG
    307.5 KB · Views: 93
  • CIMG1763.JPG
    CIMG1763.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 92
Well, one of my famous relatives is coming visit us kinfolk this weekend. He usually stays at an aunt's, but my aunt has plumbing problems so he's staying at a cousin's nearby. I've been elected to cook "a family and kid friendly meal, with a little pizzaz." So here's the early supper planned for late Saturday afternoon...

- Rotini Macaroni and Cheese w/ bacon bits

- Chicken Alfredo w/ chopped garlic, baked

- Carrot Cake w/ rasins & coconut, topped w/ cream cheese iceing

- Soda Pop and Kool-Aid for drinks

- Seasoned Cheese Ball w/ multigrain crackers. (Cheese Ball: Italian Salad Dressing, real bacon bits, chopped pecans and cream cheese).

Well, one of my famous relatives is coming visit us kinfolk this weekend. He usually stays at an aunt's, but my aunt has plumbing problems so he's staying at a cousin's nearby. I've been elected to cook "a family and kid friendly meal, with a little pizzaz." So here's the early supper planned for late Saturday afternoon...

- Rotini Macaroni and Cheese w/ bacon bits

- Chicken Alfredo w/ chopped garlic, baked

- Carrot Cake w/ rasins & coconut, topped w/ cream cheese iceing

- Soda Pop and Kool-Aid for drinks

- Seasoned Cheese Ball w/ multigrain crackers. (Cheese Ball: Italian Salad Dressing, real bacon bits, chopped pecans and cream cheese).

Well???? please tell us who?? Dolly??

I won't say who, I'll just say plans got changed during the UK-SC game Saturday, just before I was due to get started on the Chicken Alfredo. The teens and adults that were there wanted pizza instead, the kids liked the mac & cheese and the adults decided to go to a concert and have a late dinner, but they expected me to have something waiting for them to eat when they got back. Well, I had to be back at my place at a certain time to get my meds down, so I left a post-it on the fridge at the relative's house. All there was when I left was cold pizza and a half-eaten carrot cake. I left on the post-it: You guys owe me a dinner and $10 for the chicken! (The chicken was in the fridge, uncooked).

Sunday, I got phone call from one of my aunts. She asked me "Why didn't you fix the chicken?"

My response, "They have time for pizza, but no time for a home cooked meal!"

BTW, the cheese balls & crackers went pretty quick... 2 blocks of seasoned cream cheese in an hour.

BTW, here's the recipie for the Cheese Ball

-2 blocks Cream Cheese

-1pkg Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing, (regular, not zesty)

- 1/2 to 1 bag bacon bits (Oscar Meyer's)

- 1 small bag of chopped pecans (about 3/4 to 1cup)

- paper plates

CLEAN HANDS, VERY IMPORTANT!

Knead both blocks of cream cheese together on a paper plate.

Add Italian Salad dressing powder/mix and knead until well mixed.

Add as much bacon bits and chopped pecans as you think necessary, knead again until mixed.

Roll into ball, wrap with plastic wrap and let set in fridge 1 hour before serving.

* You can use 1/3 fat and fat-free cream cheese also, but it should be mixed and kept in a container when being prepared.

HD MM, I will be attempting to respectfully re-create your kielbasa creation while tailgating at the Bears game tomorrow...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1557174-post35.html

And no...you're not a dork for taking pictures of your food creations. I've recieved a few compliments from forum members on the quality of pics from my Palm Treo so I may start doing the same thing! :D

HD MM, I will be attempting to respectfully re-create your kielbasa creation while tailgating at the Bears game tomorrow...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1557174-post35.html

And no...you're not a dork for taking pictures of your food creations. I've recieved a few compliments from forum members on the quality of pics from my Palm Treo so I may start doing the same thing! :D

Nice! Let us know how they turn out. And with everything relating to food, pictures are worth a million bucks. Please do share....