What's for dinner ?

For Fathers Day I went to my Dad's House for the following feast:

BBQ Ribs
Pork & Beans
Potato Salad
Corn Bread
Tomato/Mozzarella Balsamic Salad
Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Icing

Don't like spaghetti? That's the first I've ever heard someone say that.

When my parents got divorce when I was little, every other weekend we went to our mom's, we had Pizza Hut on Friday, Spaghetti on Saturday and Lasagna on Sunday. It's taken me some time to like Pizza Hut again, but I don't do spaghetti or lasagna. Something about the red sauce that just gets me. I do like alfredo though.:)

Isn't the wheat bread at Subway the same as their White with food coloring added? :)

Yes. I don't think Subway sells "whole grain" or "whole wheat" bread. Their "wheat" bread is no healthier than their white. These types of breads just contain coloring. It's a big ploy to market towards the health crowd.

Yes. I don't think Subway sells "whole grain" or "whole wheat" bread. Their "wheat" bread is no healthier than their white. These types of breads just contain coloring. It's a big ploy to market towards the health crowd.

They are a 9 grain wheat bread, not white with food coloring.

I have become a food elitist where I refuse to eat out unless its something like pizza where I can't make at home. I also only show at upscale food places and get speciality stuff. I take food way too seriously.

I have become a food elitist where I refuse to eat out unless its something like pizza where I can't make at home. I also only show at upscale food places and get speciality stuff. I take food way too seriously.

The best pizza is the homemade variety! You should give it a try....

It's all in the sauce and the crust. Canned, jarred or God forbid in a foil packet sauce is a travesty.

Those Boboli or Frechetta crusts work pretty nice.

It takes skill to make a great thin crispy crust at home. I know I can't.

When your tomatoes are ready, do the white pizza thing.

Freezy's White Pizza - stolen from Mario's Pizza and Deli on Chicago Ave. in Minneapolis

Frechetta crusts (Mario took his crust to the grave)

1cm (3/8") or thicker Tomato slices

Fresh Basil

Minced Garlic

Heavy Olive Oil

Mozzarella

Dry grated Parmesan

Oregano

Ground Fennel

Pepper Mill

Preheat oven to 190C (375F) (or 200C/400F if you are making thinner pizza)

Cover top of crust with Olive Lightly, don't soak
Spread desired amount of minced Garlic on crust
Sprinkle with Parmesan
1 layer fresh Tomato Slices with some gaps between.
Shake on some Ground fennel and Oregano flakes (as you prefer)
Lay flat the Basil leaves. (as much as you want)
Cover with Mozzarella, (as much as you want )
Grind on some Black Pepper and sprinkle on more Parmesan

Place on pizza stone or non insulated pizza pan. Put in the oven till the cheese is melted, bubbling and starting to brown. Bottom should just start to brown also

You don't normally put meat on a white pizza but you can put pepperoni on if you wish

Instead of Pizza crust you can use layered flour tortilla shells fused together with an ounce of shredded cheese between the shells. These crisp nice on a pizza stone. You still would brush the top with olive oil

If you ask, "Hey, what about the sauce?" I'm gonna pop you right in the nads.

Last edited:

No you don't! You appreciate it like its meant to be appreciated...