What's For Lunch?

Navajo Taco - Indian fry bread covered with ground beef, beans, green chile sauce, garnished with lettuce and tomato. Iced tea.

Reactions: dfergie
Cooked a Boston Butt with Chili Colorado sauce in the instant pot, shredded, added long grain brown rice and cooked till done, letting bowl cool a little before digging in... Sweet Tea
Sorry for being anal but it's chile Colorado not chili Colorado. I apologize for my OCD in advance.

With this discussion of chile colorado, I have a question. It seems to me that chile colorado (capital c is not necessary because we are talking about a color not a State) and carne adovada are first cousins. Colorado is made with beef and adovada is made with pork. Both are stewed with a red sauce made with dried red chiles. Am I correct that, perhaps, they are pretty much the same dish with different names depending on the meat used?

Just guessing, but probably. After I had already seared and started cooking It hit me that I should have cubed for more flavor, but it came out ok shredding and cooking the rice. Only other seasonings I used was salt & pepper before searing and topping with Slap ya mama before adding the chile colorado.

Reactions: Bobby
With this discussion of chile colorado, I have a question. It seems to me that chile colorado (capital c is not necessary because we are talking about a color not a State) and carne adovada are first cousins. Colorado is made with beef and adovada is made with pork. Both are stewed with a red sauce made with dried red chiles. Am I correct that, perhaps, they are pretty much the same dish with different names depending on the meat used?
Yeah that's pretty much it. My somewhat minor grievance is with the spelling. Red and green Chile in New Mexico is spelled with an E. Chili that like you get at Wendy's or that which you put on a hot dog is spelled with an I. A minor grammatical error but a major no no with many of the Hispanics around here.

Reactions: Bobby