What's happening with the Sat Launch?

Guys, can you stay on-topic ?
We are sobbing about the sat launch, but not about the mythical plans !

It's how we cope. Unless you're going to go up there in your rocket, find the thing and put it in the right slot, I'm guessing we're not far off in assuming the worst.

Open a new thread and post all your suggestions and personal plans how to make Dish better.

What else are we going to talk about to stay on topic? We dont know anything else. We cant keep saying "this sucks". Likely discussion now is what can be done in the event this bird is all lost, as it seems.

It's how we cope. Unless you're going to go up there in your rocket, find the thing and put it in the right slot, I'm guessing we're not far off in assuming the worst.
OK, OK, but why not just "Open a new thread and post all your suggestions and personal plans how to make Dish better." ?!

What else are we going to talk about to stay on topic? We dont know anything else. We cant keep saying "this sucks". Likely discussion now is what can be done in the event this bird is all lost, as it seems.
Open a new thread and post all your suggestions and personal plans how to make Dish better.

Give us some news then. Right now we are just holding on waiting for someone to give us something official. Personally I think that speculation has everything to do with the loss of the satellite. It also helps us cope. That and alchohol.. :)

Seems like only one party is to blame, ILS. It's their rocket.

Now you could ask why AMC is using ILS to launch their precious satellites from a 3rd world country using russian technology. Russians arent know for their quality workmanship.

Great logic there! This thread is amazing, you guys sound like you lost your dogs.

Rocket failures while unfortunate do happen, it's the nature of the beast, that is why the sats are insured.

Rocket failures while unfortunate do happen, it's the nature of the beast, that is why the sats are insured.

Agreed. However, insurance can only replace the sat and launch years down the road. Having money is nice, but when you need a sat, it's more like a curse of dollar bills.. :)

Well there is a difference though, Sea Launch's blew on the pad, at least ILS's got it into space!

Wheres Clint Eastwood when you need him?

Wow, I was hoping to read some GOOD news about E's new sat but this is really a downer! I hope Charlie can make due with 61.5 and 77!

Not much difference in blowing up on the pad and not making it into orbit. Both are useless.

Made a difference because Sea Launch had to clean up the mess on the pad.. But yeah as far as the mission went the end result was about the same.

Had it launched and failed then the repairs to the platform would've taken less time.