What's the best HD you ever seen on VOOM?

I can't say exactly but its probably something I saw on Rush. And while not the best I've seen, there is 1 specific Rush commercial that I really like with orange and blue colors moving around the Rush logo.

Discovery HD has some sweet video too.

--Dan

Sean Mota said:
Well take a look at the FSN FL HD Game playing right now on channel 341....

See this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=204013#post204013

Sean it looks great but I have a question. I live Chicago. Isn't this channel for Florida only? I have tuned to this channel in the past and the call Voom screen just showed. I have never called Voom. Is this channel viewable occasionally?

Well the Florida HD games have been looking great...too bad the Marlins are out of the pennant races. Can't wait for Panther season!

1) Tyson Fight
2) RNC/DNC a little over saturated but man there was detail all over the place.
3) Equilibrium on Showtime HD (some say it's upconvert... I don't know, but it looks freaking awesome)
4) Soundstage on Rave....watch Soundstage on PBS and tell me the difference.

Best OTA

CBS Sports coverage
CSIs
Lost on ABC

As you guys have all discussed here, HD PQ varies quite a bit depending on how it was shot, recorded, edited, upconverted, etc.

In general, it looks like the best and most consistently high PQ has been on (in no particular order):

HD News
Rush
Rave
Discovery HD Theater
Bravo HD
NBC (OTA) belive it or not, the picture for the Olympics ROCKED!

"Tears of the Sun Movie" on Starz East feed was a phenomenal transfer. Even better than the VOOM exclusives.

I missed the Tyson fight so I can't really cast a vote here, but for consistency of pretty good PQ I'll go with Rave.

I was just thinking the olympics looked great. Howeever they looked better and sounded WAY better on the NBC feed Voom added as opposed to my local NBC affiliate.

TONY

I'm changing my vote for the FSNFLHD channel (341). Excellent PQ. Wish they had some college football to show off on it. And, most definitely hope we all get to keep this channel, at least until we can get our own regional sports channel in HD.

All of the HD content is great. I like the HD for the NFL-ST the best though. Great picture.

FSNFLHD doesn't have college sports right now but they do have the Florida Panthers.. here's to hopin they can seal some sweet deal with the Heat in the future though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)