Whats The Differeence?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directvfreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I hear a lot about different recivers. Whats the difference between the D10, D10-100, D10-200, and the D10-300? Are they better that the RCA DRD435RH?

Matt

directvfreak said:
I hear a lot about different recivers. Whats the difference between the D10, D10-100, D10-200, and the D10-300? Are they better that the RCA DRD435RH? Matt

All the D10's are the same, the -100, -200, -300 denotes the company that makes it. AND I would say yes, they are a pretty decent decent upgrade from that particular RCA model.

I recommend the D10-100. You can buy it (or one of the other models) from Valueelectronics, mention you are a member here for a discount.

BTW, as far as I can tell, all three run the same GUI interface (after updating to latest firmware my 100s and 200 have the exact same GUI, I don't have a 300, but I imagine they are too), the exterior is slightly different, but nothing to write about, the stability on the D10-100 is great, the 200 seems as good, but it seems D* is pampering the 100 over the rest since the recent update hit the 100 6/21 and the 200 did not get it till 1-2(?) months(?) later, and the 300 just got its update today.

Also I read the 100 serial interface works while the others don't (the new update may have changed this though, I myself have not tried the serial interface on any of the units).

I still personally do not care for the current DirecTV models and recommend the older non-DirecTV brands such as Sony, LG, Hughes for SD and HD when they can be found. If I HAD to get a DirecTV branded unit I would call Robert @ ValueElectronics.com and allow him to tell you the best features of each to help you decide. With the new MPEG4 stuff right around the corner, I can't see moving from the older standard MPEG2 receiver to the new standard MPEG2 receiver, but Robert can explain all that.

If you have a stand alone Tivo or any DVR that can use a serial connection keep the RCA. The D10-100 has a limited serial connection, as long as your locals are not under channel 100 it works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts