Whats the difference between HR24 and older HD-DVRs? What about H24 and older HD rcvrs too?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hdinsd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
I couldnt find any solid info on this
I wanna know in case the installer brings me something other than the newest HW and whether I can live with it

The HR24 and H24 are virtually the same receiver except one is a DVR. They are the newest and best receiver Directv has. They are no buttons on the front. Everything is touch sensitive. Also the software has been improved allowing for faster remote response. They also have a built in DECA unit for Whole Home DVR. I am a Directv and absolutly love the H/HR24 receivers. Makes my job go so much faster rather than waiting for the older receivers to boot up and respond to remote. You can request H24 and HR24 receivers when ordering.

The Biggest Difference is the H24/HR24 have the DECA module inside the receiver, so if you want MRV you don't need a separate DECA for each extra receiver. If you sign up for MRV your likelihood of getting the newer H24/HR24 receivers is MUCH MUCH higher.

The Processor in the H24/HR24 are much faster.

The HR24 has a 500 GIG hard drive some older receivers have much Smaller Hard Drives.

They also have a built in DECA unit for Whole Home DVR. I am a Directv and absolutly love the H/HR24 receivers. Makes my job go so much faster rather than waiting for the older receivers to boot up and respond to remote. You can request H24 and HR24 receivers when ordering.
So is it guaranteed if you pay for whole home DVR you will get HR24 and H24?
Also are these the only differences? Doesnt the HR24 have a bigger HDD than the older HD DVR's?

Biggest difference is faster processor in the HR24
Then Smaller size

DECA being built in is big deal as external DECA's work every bit as good (I actually prefer them as they have lights to let you know they are online).

Other minor difference is connections
Older models have 2 sets of A/V outs.
No big deal, but the second audio outs are sometimes nice.
The H24 has no optical audio out. (the HR24 does)

There are other minor differences.

It's not a guarantee, but like I said, you can request the 24's at order or call back and ask them to add them to work order. I see it done all the time.

It's not a guarantee, but like I said, you can request the 24's at order or call back and ask them to add them to work order. I see it done all the time.
When I spoke with DTV they said they dont have phone numbers of their local installers, but some people are saying that the installers call you in advanced I guess to confirm the appt, I can ask then for the newest HW
I did type in my request for an HR24 in my online order FWIW

Requests although I see them = nothing

Often your call will come much after the installer leaves the warehouse and even if it comes before, many of them get what they get.
If I say my customer wants an HR24, do you think my warehouse guy cares? Nope.

If you want to guarantee a 24 series then go to a retailer.
You may pay them or lose certain promotions but you will have 24's
All receivers are fully capable of delivering proper service, it just depends on what is important to you.

That being said, most D* orders currently are getting 24's but you choose to roll the dice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts