whats up with these damm channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
im doing a blind scan and i keep seing chanels like tv 30643 but theres nothing on them.. This inacom lnb is NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hella lot better than what I had.. So far i am really happy this reciver..

What satellite? What frequency?

Most likely you're hitting the many data channels out there. You can select them, get a good signal, but have no picture. Scrambled works the same way but I'm assuming you know how to spot them :D

on my fortec star reciever, when I scan Nimiq for music, most of the video channels come up like that. "TV some-random-number"... I think it did the same for Echo 6/8

Didnt matter to me, since I deleted all the video channels anyways... but I think your pointed at a DBS sat.

No this is happinging on non dbs sats.. like AMC 3 my true south At 11809 mhz SR 30.001 I get this alot.. Dont know if is h or v or what the fec id is but i get a good lock of 79 at 74 quality.. and it says bad channel or scrambled. shows up in the guide as tv 28105. im getting a ton of these on amc 3...

I get a slew of those on AMC3 as well (000B, 0F9F, OFBE, etc) from both the DirecWay transponder at 12035 and also a few more at 11817. They're nothing we can use; data streams of some sort, not usable A/V :)

Could it be that they are diectway as well and just have not been reported to Lyngsat? Lyngsat doesn't know it is there until some one tells him. I believe he is in Europe.

Wholeshoe

Wholeshoe said:
Could it be that they are diectway as well and just have not been reported to Lyngsat? Lyngsat doesn't know it is there until some one tells him. I believe he is in Europe.

Wholeshoe

correct. He cannot see out satellites here in the US :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)