what's your opinion on this D*install?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Guys,
There are no rednecks. Nobody admits to being one. The reason is the origin of the term defines mine strike breakers in the last century. Crude and poorly educated individuals are everywhere.

That being said...there is a need to balance form and function. There is NOTHING in the Directv offer of a free...FREE....installation that promises that it will be invisible. Installers used to try to accommodate customers this way but them days be GONE!

So you get the crap shown in the pics. It was free after all. The white cable on dark walls just makes it look bad. The PQ (picture quality) could be fine...or not. The dish was damaged.

OK?

Joe

Guys,
There are no rednecks. Nobody admits to being one. The reason is the origin of the term defines mine strike breakers in the last century. Crude and poorly educated individuals are everywhere.

That being said...there is a need to balance form and function. There is NOTHING in the Directv offer of a free...FREE....installation that promises that it will be invisible. Installers used to try to accommodate customers this way but them days be GONE!

So you get the crap shown in the pics. It was free after all. The white cable on dark walls just makes it look bad. The PQ (picture quality) could be fine...or not. The dish was damaged.

OK?

Joe

We know this ,Joe. Still doesn't excuse the crap seen in the pics.

I give it an F.

I personally like whit e as it is easier to paint. But The weird work around they did is what gives it an F. If an installer did that to my home I would be fired for assaulting a fellow directv employee

We know this ,Joe. Still doesn't excuse the crap seen in the pics.

Would the result be better if the dish was on a pole and all the cable underground to a drop box? How about drilling the wall and putting everything inside.
Joe

Would the result be better if the dish was on a pole and all the cable underground to a drop box? How about drilling the wall and putting everything inside.
Joe

what ever the solution is, this is why i take care of these things myself ;) :). but i understood you said before joe.

I give it an F.

I personally like whit e as it is easier to paint. But The weird work around they did is what gives it an F. If an installer did that to my home I would be fired for assaulting a fellow directv employee

Stoneman,

Everyone misses my point. Could you please research the Directv position on cosmetic work to lessen the visual impact of the dish, cable & fittings. Of course the job looks like crap. The questions are: Who should fix it? AND Was the installation really all that bad in the first place?

Joe

Stoneman,

Everyone misses my point. Could you please research the Directv position on cosmetic work to lessen the visual impact of the dish, cable & fittings. Of course the job looks like crap. The questions are: Who should fix it? AND Was the installation really all that bad in the first place?

Joe

Joe i have no problems with a a hand full of cables running the back side of a place to the ground black and then to the switch which looks like what happened here. But the up down and around and routing wire though the interior is just wow s instead of coming in form the out side in was just has ass crap.

None of you guys noticed that someone also stole the air conditioning outdoor unit. Lots of sellable metal in there...

None of you guys noticed that someone also stole the air conditioning outdoor unit. Lots of sellable metal in there...

Yup,

Life with junkies can be a challenge. They tend to sell your stuff...and insist it was never there. Did a fulfillment install where the lady insisted there was no AC in the box and no 3 phase was shipped. Out back in the burn pile was the unburned AC and I found the kid rooting around in my truck...but the dish..still in the box was in his trunk.

Life in the 'hood can be that way...come home and no air conditioner. Someone could have climbed on the dish arm to get in the building..."cept it broke.

The white cable still looks crappy.

Joe

no one stole the ac unit. the developer removed it. i posted the pics to get opinions on the crappy D* install and nothing else.

Yup,

Life with junkies can be a challenge. They tend to sell your stuff...and insist it was never there. Did a fulfillment install where the lady insisted there was no AC in the box and no 3 phase was shipped. Out back in the burn pile was the unburned AC and I found the kid rooting around in my truck...but the dish..still in the box was in his trunk.

Life in the 'hood can be that way...come home and no air conditioner. Someone could have climbed on the dish arm to get in the building..."cept it broke.

The white cable still looks crappy.

Joe
:rolleyes: again you're talking out of your a**.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts