When do the "icons" get added to the recording?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KKlare

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
Los Alamos, NM
When do the icons/covers/graphics/tile labels get added and where do they come from?

I upgraded H2000 to HWS and the tiles have gradually had the cover graphics added (back).
Most recordings had the icons but the switch wiped them out for all EHDs including the transfer.
So they are not part of the recording. Some came right away, some still not, I understand the EHDs.

(1) The default is a Dish logo. (2) Then it gets a channel logo. (3) Finally it is a recording cover.
The channel logo is for the current channel not the original channel recorded! Some seem the old one.
I saw a new FXM one. I did Fox movie, close. I don't expect to get any for the VOOM channel ones.

Sure wish they would have disk names. I waste time on the wrong one when it might be any of 14, well 2 at a time.
I color USB and power, thus cherry green blue gold pink magenta orange sky violet lime peach gray royal bordeaux.
The last is what the spreadsheet calls it.
-Ken

Text lists would be preferred, especially for many episodes of the same show.

Well, with icons you get 18 per page, advancing 12 at a page up/down.
With text you might get 10 based on the timer list etc.
Probably more if less header space were used.
You get more because there are 6 per line using 3 or so text lines each. HD needed.
3 presses to get to any tile on the current row and advance 1 or 2 rows at a time.
Works pretty well. Might like a jump-to item number and a position counter for long lists.
-Ken

I would like to know the how's and why's about the tiles, as well. I have found that if a show is NOT currently in the guide, the unique show card does NOT display on the tile. Several TV shows and movies I have yet to watch now have generic tiles, and this is true for the TIMERS tiles, as well. Yet, it looks like some movie tiles do remain intact, but I think that might be because those movies, while NOT in the guide any longer, are available through Blockbuster or other VOD, IMHO. If the movie is neither in the guide nor offered as VOD or Blockbuster, then that movie gets a generic tile, I believe.

It would be great if all recordings retained the proper title card for all tiles regardless, but that is not the case today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)