When I use Vbox or ASC1 I get No signal for Certain KU TP's

john_robot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Guys, I have very strange issue. When I use Vbox I get No signal for Certain KU TP's. But if I directly connect the receiver I have very good signal for the same TP. And also I have noticed that when its connect to the Vbox and when I go very close to Vbox for some of the torouble some TP's my signal gets improved. When I moved away again no signal. Pls see the below video.

I have tested this. It happens not only for a single satellite. There are some other TP's even if I go very close to the Vbox I get no signal. But when I connect directly it gets very good signal. So I thought it has something to do with Vbox. So I changed it to ACS1. But that also gives me same strange issue. Then I changed the receivers. Still same issue.
However I didn't notice this issue with C band.

Here is how I connect it to VBOX

How to get this fixed ?

My guess is something in your house is interfering with the signal as it passes through the boxes. Florescent light or a switching supply in something. Maybe a LED light or your phone charger. When you move close to it your body is shielding the interfering device.
Another thought does your coax, leaving your house to straight to the dish, or is there a ground block involved? If so bypass it temporarily with a barrel connector.
I would normally say you have a very weak transponder, either because the transponder itself is weak or you have a under sized dish or misaligned dish. You do have signal loss anytime you go through a switch, dishmover(vbox), etc.

Hi, Yes coax, goes straight to the dish no ground block involved. Those TPs are not weak. They are very strong and has very good signal.

Replace all your connectors with good compression fittings, and install a ground block going directly to your main house ground. I'm betting you have a ground loop issue, maybe combined with signal intrusion due to a bad fitting.

Reactions: k.r.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)