When will a new sat go up?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AntDogg65

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
Nashville, TN
I have seen plenty of post this weekend stating that D* won't get anymore HD until the "New Sats" are up. I am wondering when will the new sats go up? Hopefully soon as I left E* partly for them not having the channels that I wanted. Lets hope that E* adding HD will light a fire under D*

I have seen plenty of post this weekend stating that D* won't get anymore HD until the "New Sats" are up. I am wondering when will the new sats go up? Hopefully soon as I left E* partly for them not having the channels that I wanted. Lets hope that E* adding HD will light a fire under D*
Was the grass really greener on the other side of the fence now that you are under a 24 month contract?:)

Was the grass really greener on the other side of the fence now that you are under a 24 month contract?:)

It kind of is, I love the remote recording (even though Dish just got it last Friday) and CE with my DVR. The service is great as well as PQ and I get my locals in HD (and I know that Dish has them in Knoxville, just not where my apartment faces), so yes I love the bermuda grass that I am sitting on, I just wish that DirecTV would water it every once in a while with some HD.

It kind of is, I love the remote recording (even though Dish just got it last Friday) and CE with my DVR. The service is great as well as PQ and I get my locals in HD (and I know that Dish has them in Knoxville, just not where my apartment faces), so yes I love the bermuda grass that I am sitting on, I just wish that DirecTV would water it every once in a while with some HD.
I see DirecTV as kind of like big ocean liner(It does things slowly but when it does them it does them better them anyone) and I see E* as like an ice skater(It does things fast but sometime it lands on it ass(like the past 5 Qtrs) ).

If you want to go back to E* that's fine, but IMO I'd like DirecTV to take its time(And not have their sats go up in flames because it's trying to one up everyone).

And I think most subs agree with Record sub adds and the Lowest Monthly Churn Rate in 10 Years.

FYI...The posts you have been reading are not accurate. They can add a few more HD channels without removing any PPV and if they need to they can replace some PPV with new channels as well. They still have plenty of bandwidth without the new bird.

I see DirecTV as kind of like big ocean liner(It does things slowly but when it does them it does them better them anyone) and I see E* as like an ice skater(It does things fast but sometime it lands on it ass(like the past 5 Qtrs) ).

If you want to go back to E* that's fine, but IMO I'd like DirecTV to take its time(And not have their sats go up in flames because it's trying to one up everyone).

And I think most subs agree with Record sub adds and the Lowest Monthly Churn Rate in 10 Years.

I never said that I want to go back to E*, I just said it sucks that they got off their butts when I left.

FYI...The posts you have been reading are not accurate. They can add a few more HD channels without removing any PPV and if they need to they can replace some PPV with new channels as well. They still have plenty of bandwidth without the new bird.

that's what i've heard too. i don't get it.why not put a few up like travel channel. I had travel in HD when i was with E a year ago and D* still has it in SD :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.