When will my 622 update to give me the new Movie Pass interface?

shanewalker

Overall, an O.K. Guy
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
KC/MO!
My 722 in the 'mancave' has updated to show the Movie Pass interface, but so far, my upstairs 622 has not, still shows Dish Platinum etc and wondering if I'm missing access to several features/content until it does. Any idea on when I can expect the update to hit--or can I initialize it manually?

Thanks!

All the 622 is waiting on is the BBMP graphic on the menu. The present platinum button will take you to the same content.

Adaptive streaming is not on the 622, so no its not just the BBMP graphic. Without the adaptive streaming update, you will still get the slow downloads until you can watch the movie.

en4cersc said:
Adaptive streaming is not on the 622, so no its not just the BBMP graphic. Without the adaptive streaming update, you will still get the slow downloads until you can watch the movie.

What is "adaptive streaming"? I "downloaded" a movie from starz cinema, said i had to wait 25 mins to watch, but the watch now button was highlighted within seconds. I was able to play, rewind, and forward (forward only once, then it would buffer). Are you saying tyat it works differently on the 722? Is this a limitation with the 622? Is there a plan to fix this?

Adaptive streaming isn't on the 612 either. Yet I found the HD movie "Kermit, the Swamp Years" (which is terrible by the way), using the Dish Cinema free search, and started a download which was ready to watch in seconds. I initially watched the progress bar, and the bandwidth cranked up to around 8Mbps. So, even though not technically streaming at all, let alone adaptive streaming, nevertheless it was fast enough to do that right now today using firmware from March.

hmm. thx...interesting on all points made so far.

wonder what the time-table is for 'adaptive streaming'?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)