When will VOOM's DVR finally hit the streets?

I do not know if it is going to record 4 streams at once (that's has not been released) but it will have (according to Wilt Hildenbrand) 4 streams to record from. 2 are satellites and 2 are OTA's. Two streams will be available for recording while a third pre-recorded program will be available for watching. What combinations of the two recorder will be able to record is not known yet.

It hurts to wait for the DVR.

Ever since I got my TWC HD-DVR, I know what all the fuss is about. I used to watch VOOM all the time and only use the TWC box when there is something on HD-NET or INHD to watch. Now, I use VOOM only when I see a movie (via online PG) that I want to watch. I am constantly using the recording features of the DVR. I always knew what a DVR does, but using one makes me feel like not having one is like owning a B&W TV. Why the hell live in the 1950's if you don't have to?

You are very lucky that you've got one with TWC. CVC just released theirs and I may try it but I am not ready to jump into their bandwagon. I am not interested in neither dish or Tivo HD DVR -- too expensive. So some of us who do not have an HD DVR may be stuck in the 50's but we can re-arrange our 50's somehow ;)

answer: it'll be released the week after I'm fed up and decide to shell out $1000 for the directhdtivo :(

barth2k said:
answer: it'll be released the week after I'm fed up and decide to shell out $1000 for the directhdtivo :(

Well hurry up and do that so the rest of us can get it ;)

jnardone said:
This is RUMOR not fact. VOOM's DVR is not yet available, does not have a release date set, and no definite list of features or specifications been released by VOOM.

In the demo video it says 4 tuners (I would trust what ucentric says in terms of features of the box since they are the ones writing alot of the whole house code). It doesnt say if it will be able to record 4 streams at once but still 4 tuners will be used unless voom has decided to reengineer the whole dvr and lose some tuners.

I think the Voom DVR will have two OTA tuners and two satellite tuners. So when is Voom going to release their DVR??

It could mean virtual tuners, like what the HDTivo has. It also has "4 tuners" but in reality only 2 can be active at any time.

Well, I am still hoping to see VOOM release their HD DVR in March. Personally, I have been waiting---we all have been waiting---many months for an opportunity to own/rent a fully function HD DVR w/Whole Home Networking. "Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free."

riffjim

Me too.

With cablevision only paying expenses through the end of January, we'll know pretty soon what's going to happen.

I don't understand? you have a company in dire need's and all we worry about is " DVR ",does any one understand that a DVD Recorderwith ram dish will do almost the same picture, " at least mine does" ", Panasonic

kellc:
How do you figure it is almost the same picture? Isn't the resolution one quarter that of HD? Also, how do you watch one program and record another using the current VOOM box?

kelljc said:
I don't understand? you have a company in dire need's and all we worry about is " DVR ",does any one understand that a DVD Recorderwith ram dish will do almost the same picture, " at least mine does" ", Panasonic
Er...what? All we worry about is a DVR? You need to read my last two or three dozen posts along with all the other member postings on the VOOM Forum. Anyway, I am not at all interested in a DVD recorder. We want VOOM to continue operating as planned. :)

I'm sorry I did not read your last 36 post's about DVR. did not have the will or the time>
but what make's any post's regarding this question . any reason to Bash : :: " Voom"

Reply : no it's not 1/4 it's 480I, compared to 1080I divide by 2 it is 1/2 or a little less. how about 720p not HD. if you Have a HDTV you'll notice 720p is Better. or at least everyone I know thinks so.

Any other HDTV expert's on line to settle this. issue 480I, 1080I,
ps. you might need a " Mag Glass to tell the change", us old timere's need it all because you're eye can't tell one from the other, is this correct?

kelljc said:
Any other HDTV expert's on line to settle this. issue 480I, 1080I,
ps. you might need a " Mag Glass to tell the change", us old timere's need it all because you're eye can't tell one from the other, is this correct?

OMG got to be kidding :confused: . The difference between 480i and 1080i is readily apparent visually and pixel count wise. 480i=704x480 res=337,920 pixels. 1080i=1920x1080 res=2,073,600 pixels. 1080i has over SIX times the resolution :D .

Rob.

There we go again: : what Tv Displays 1920
or is this another line of " B. S. ", ok you can't: that's what I thought.
addon " just guessing " but how many HDTV owner's say HDTV is better then a good DVD.??? which is 480p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)