When Voom's DVR launches, what should happen next?

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
If Voom's DVR hits should VOom keep West Coast feeds of their HD premiums if there are other channels out there they can get? Assuming DVRs are at a reasonable price, to me that's 3 HD slots that could be used for PPV, another RSN HD, etc.

Actually I have another question, D*'s transponders and what channels are on them are available on the net, do Voom's transponders work the same? How come I haven't seen a channel list like Cheezmo has done for D*?

They should keep West Coast feeds UNLESS they give every single subscriber a PVR, then they could abolish them.

DarrellP said:
They should keep West Coast feeds UNLESS they give every single subscriber a PVR, then they could abolish them.

I second that DarrellP. Maybe we should get rid of the East Coast feed. Just because DVLOS and those others chose to live on the wrong coast :p doesn't mean that we should have to suffer. I don't wan't to have to watch my premiere HD movies at 6pm, in fact many of them I couldn't watch since my young ones are still awake... From a west coast perspective the dual feeds are great! :D

Yeah I didn't mean to have any "Coast" preference I think HBO is primarily an EAST coast company, but whatever. For West Coasters, you could record the event at 6pm, and watch it at 8pm. However if we only had West coast feed an 8-9 show would air at 11-12 and that maybe to late for some people.

Sometimes I like the East Coast feeds since they show the "nasty" stuff later which puts it in Primetime for us Left Coasters.

Yeah but if you could can't get more HD because you are at your limit, wouldn't it seem wiser to drop West feed in order to bring in another HD channel with new or different content?

Dvlos said:
Yeah but if you could can't get more HD because you are at your limit, wouldn't it seem wiser to drop West feed in order to bring in another HD channel with new or different content?
Not to me... it would be wiser to drop 5 or 6 SD channels for each new HD channel... but, I'm with Voom for the HD, don't care to watch the SD...

It seems the HD channels they have now they can't drop, at least that's what was said, I would like them to drop SD duplicates for 1 more HD. Remember 999 and Moov aren't HD channels, they are HD placeholders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)