When will VOOM's DVR finally hit the streets?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
kelljc said:
There we go again: : what Tv Displays 1920
or is this another line of " B. S. ", ok you can't: that's what I thought.
addon " just guessing " but how many HDTV owner's say HDTV is better then a good DVD.??? which is 480p

You should really do your homework before calling BS or no you can't on people :smug . There are many 1920x1080 fixed-pixel displays on the market. As for those that can't tell the difference between HD and SD...wow.

Sorry everyone for getting off topic here...EOT.

Rob.

Kelljc,
I'll have to differ with you on this one. Though I love how a good Progressive scan DVD/HDTV combo looks when setup correctly, it still doesn't look as good as 1080i when you get a good feed from good source material.

But I could live with either. I just don't want to lose any content that is 480p or better. Thus I want my Voom! By the way, VOOM sounds better than D* on my two home theatres. Another reason to cry if it ceases.

kelljc said:
addon " just guessing " but how many HDTV owner's say HDTV is better then a good DVD.??? which is 480p
BTW, there are quite a few sets capable of displaying 1080P now. Do some research. :yes

Man, you must have a punie TV. I have a Panny E85H and have recorded and burned hundreds of DVD's and though I get a very nice picture, it is nowhere NEAR HD quality, nor is a very well mastered DVD anywhere NEAR HD quality.

I can understand your comparison of HD to DVD since the best HD you've probably ever seen is coming from Voom. I agree that many of the Cinema10 channels look comparable to a very well mastered DVD, but just try to compare a DVD to programming from CBS, HDNET, HDNET Movies or DiscoveryHD, there is no way in Hell that the PQ is even close. :no

Get yourself a bigger TV, maybe you'll see the difference. :D

Don't bother - he just likes to argue. Others have already tried to explain how a DVD recorder is 1/6th the resolution of HD and he is still fighting back. He also hasn't explained how he can watch one show and record another at the same time using his DVD recorder and the VOOM box.

VOOM told me at there 1 866 number it will be after June............
VOOM has been promising to have a DVR since JUNE 2004… I have been a subscriber since March 2004 I have been leasing my boxs….. I always thought they were holding out for the GOVT Flags and they were going to be A-Holes and make sure the FLAGS were in the DVR before they released it… The original Promise to us VOOMERS was that the DVR was going to have a FIREWIRE but that was BS being blown up our skirts.. I am getting very tired of all their LIES I think I may have to go back to cable.. With TWC at least they have all of Mr. Cubans HD programming

With all those love letters to Mr. Dolan it appears alot of people don't care about the HD-DVR lies from VOOM and all is forgiven. Oh Please VOOM just stay in business!

Dog6869 said:
VOOM told me at there 1 866 number it will be after June............
VOOM has been promising to have a DVR since JUNE 2004… I have been a subscriber since March 2004 I have been leasing my boxs….. I always thought they were holding out for the GOVT Flags and they were going to be A-Holes and make sure the FLAGS were in the DVR before they released it… The original Promise to us VOOMERS was that the DVR was going to have a FIREWIRE but that was BS being blown up our skirts.. I am getting very tired of all their LIES I think I may have to go back to cable.. With TWC at least they have all of Mr. Cubans HD programming

Sorry, but I must ask (as I am one of the originals one as well) where did you see Firewire promised (AKA, 921 dish documentation)?

why all the Talk ABout DVR?

Drink 6 beer's and relax. you don't get anything " Free "

To be fair, the original specs floated had firewire and Wilt himself said that he was fighting to keep firewire on the box.

-MP

madpoet,

I remember that Wilt say he was pushing for it. I do not remember seeing the spec sheet with Firewire stated (I may be wrong). I think it was a great idea but I do not think they even knew that it was going to be possible given the position of the hollywood industry on this issue. Who will be the first satellite company to offer it? I highly doubt it that it will be done through satellite. Some Cable companies have it but not all. Does anyone knows if Cablevision has it in its own DVR?

Why oh Why? are we talking about " Free or next to nothing DVR machines ". ask Directv and Echostar the same question, do their's record in HDTV?????:::: If so what model do we have to """"" BUY :::: :"""" VOOM is a excellent service that is going down. quit beating up " I give up. " long ""live """BS" My gosh I just read " Sean's Post" who care's about FireWire??

Crapping over your Thread???. Who Care's about DVR other then a few Voomer's. most can afford the equipment ?? can you???

Stop worrying about their DVR.
VOOM is on life support.
Go write a love letter to Mr. Dolan before it's too late.

kelljc said:

:eek: There is no comparison. HD blows DVD away completely, and it is easy to see the difference. Even my 65 year old mother who doesn't see so well is blown away by a real HD picture. And I am running dvd on a 1:1 pixel matched basis via DVI. So it is not about the player. HD is simply significantly better.

Right on":

voomster2 said:
Stop worrying about their DVR.
VOOM is on life support.
Go write a love letter to Mr. Dolan before it's too late.

If any new Sub's would read all the post's they would understand that most of the poster's on this site would like to see VOOM Fail : " Here is a Quote from a Voom Supervisor " :"We're going to provide customer's unterreupted service> .... " thank all customer's for there support :: belive it or not :

That's Wrong People:

msb212 said:
:eek: There is no comparison. HD blows DVD away completely, and it is easy to see the difference. Even my 65 year old mother who doesn't see so well is blown away by a real HD picture. And I am running dvd on a 1:1 pixel matched basis via DVI. So it is not about the player. HD is simply significantly better.
::

That's wrong" and you can Quote Me: " Jerry c. Keller "" unless you spend Many,Many,Many Dollars for top of the line equipment "

kelljc said:
::

That's wrong" and you can Quote Me: " Jerry c. Keller "" unless you spend Many,Many,Many Dollars for top of the line equipment "

kelljc,

What are you saying? I am reading that you disagree with msb212's position that HD is better than the best DVD.

Having seen the best DVD and also having seen the best HD, I have to side with msb212 and agree that HD IS BETTER THAN DVD.

I don't see how you can possibly call him wrong.

HD is 1920 by 1080, or at least 1388 by 720.

DVD is around 900 by 480, best case. There is no comparison.

DVD=720x480=345,600 pixels TOTAL.
720p=1280x720=921,600 pixels TOTAL.
1080i=1920x1080=2,073,600 pixels TOTAL.

Now, which one do YOU think has the better picture?

Of course, it all depends on your display's capability and the viewing distance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)