Where are my Satellite Guy's gamers at?

My 78 year old Father loves Red Dead Redemption . We purchased him a PS3 and he's never played games before that but he's a huge fans of Westerns. I spent all day with him showing him the controls. Great Game

Now I do feel old! I love Red Dead too. I had an idea and will soon be trying this out- Got my 2 yr old grandson a rocking horse and plan to set it up in front of the big screen and then I'll just ride the horse over the trails while he rocks on the horse in front of the screen. I've been playing Red on the XBOX360. Haven't tried the PS3 version. I find the controller a bit sloppy on the PS3 compared to the XBOX. I don't know why that is.

I wish Red Dead would come down in price soon. I'll pay $20 for it but until then I'll just keep renting it from Blockbuster under movie game pass.

Personally, I'm really burned out on all the shootem up games. Red Dead has so many mini games its variety makes in interesting. Heck, I just like riding into town to find a poker game. Those of you who really get off on shootem up games should try some real guns for a change. I try to hit the range and fire off 500 rounds every 3 weeks or so. We have a new range getting constructed now with real CQB simulations. It's expensive though. I will try it maybe this Winter when it will be open after dark. I want to check out my new night vision scope for my M4. Bought the thing in April and haven't had a chance to use it yet! :(

Also wanted to thank those of you who indirectly tipped me off on Game Stop. I found one here in town and picked up a copy of Grand Theft Auto IV. Next time my grandson is over I plan to get out the old steering wheel and gas pedals and let him have some fun driving. His favorite movie is Cars so I need to check out Game stop for a good Cars look alike game- Any suggestions?

I just beat Mafia 2, and yes I can determine that it is just an average game. Honestly, if you want a open world game with an Italian flair to it, you'd probably have more fun dusting off a copy of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Also, the ending of Mafia 2 is one of the biggest letdowns I've experienced in recent memory, in that given the great cinematic cutscenes and development throughout the game leads to expect a long, satisfying ending. Unfortunately, the ending in Mafia 2 lasts about 3 minutes and answers no questions and may as well just say, "Wait another 10 years while we work on Mafia 3."

Now I'm working on Metroid: Other M while waiting for Halo: Reach.

I found one here in town and picked up a copy of Grand Theft Auto IV. Next time my grandson is over I plan to get out the old steering wheel and gas pedals and let him have some fun driving.

Have you played that game yet Don? How old is your Grandson? I don't let my 7 year old play that game. The language and violence is too bad for him I think. I do let my 16 year old play it though. Just thought I would let you know. :)

Eva- You are correct. In another thread I mention getting a copy of Cars at Toys R Us. I tested it and it has even a kid friendly mode. PLUS, Cars movie is his favorite now. He's watched it at least a dozen times and is still mesmerized by it. Grand Theft Auto will remain on the shelf away from him now.

I've had a PS3 slim for quite awhile and have dabbled with the ST game, I used to game quite a bit with C64/128 & atari/coleco's/ pc, but burned out I guess ;) I keep eyeballing a XBox360 arcade just to use one of my HD DVD standalone drives with for 1080p...

Anyone else looking forward to either Enslaved or Castlevania coming out next week? I've pre-ordered both. So far the early reviews have been very good--not raving, but mostly positive with just a few quibbles for each (8+/10 range).

I have to say I'm quite impressed with Enslaved so far. In spite of some minor technical glitches (I've never played a game that didn't have any), this is a thoroughly engaging adventure through breathtaking environments. I haven't experienced this much of a WOW! factor over a game's graphics since Uncharted 2. Also great voice acting and music with enough variety in the gameplay to keep it interesting and challenging. While it will probably get lost in all the major releases this fall, it's definitely worth checking out at some point for those who aren't interested in spending $60 on it right now.

Right now I've been delving into Halo Reach's Campaign (tough but fair) and also playing quite a bit of the new NBA 2k11, which may possibly be the best basketball game I have ever played. Being a big Bulls fan, it's great to go back and play as all the old school teams that won the 6 championships, as well as their rivals if you want to change history in your own mind.

Yeah plan on adding some my SatGuys friends to my X-box so let me know what everyone is playing..

Finished the campaign on Halo Reach, and now dusting off a game my son got last Christmas... Brutal Legend. Dumb but fun. Numerous cameos... Repetitive hack and slash, but the humor makes up for what it is lacking elsewhere.

If I can offer everyone some advice, DO NOT bother with the new Medal of Honor game. It's reminiscent of Fallout 3 where the glitches and bad AI programming were enough to turn me off, but unlike FO3, I don't regret throwing the towel in on MOH.

First off, it may as well be called, "Call of Duty 4: Doodie Edition." You use basically all the same weapons, fight the same type of enemies, fight alongside the same type of NPCs, but in this game your NPC teammates seem to be from the Special Olympics wing of the army. They're good at pointing out enemies, but they are extremely self centered and won't care about where you are aiming. At least 3 times I hit one of them because they ran in the way of my sights as I was trying to take out the enemy. The game will warn you about friendly fire, but I was able to empty two magazines of my gun before one of them went down, so don't worry about killing them accidentally and failing your mission. Also, don't expect them to always be able to pick off enemies that are close. I understand NPCs not doing all the work for me, but I don't think it's unreasonable for me to expect them to pick off guys before they can run past them and run up to me to give me a big sloppy kiss before they ram 20 bullets down my throat.

The bad AI goes along quite well with the NUMEROUS glitches in this game. Clearly this game was not done when it went out and the programmers needed some more time to debug. On more than one occasion I saw one of my NPC teammates running in place unable to advance past what I can only perceive to be a very mean looking Afghanistan Sand Gnat. I proceeded on to find that same NPC moved to another location but still running in place. I had to shoot him so he'd get out of his running animation and move in place to trigger the next checkpoint.

The final straw came in the next mission where I was teamed up with the guy on the cover box who reminds me of Opie from Sons of Anarchy but not as cool. Anyways it's a stealth mission where you are supposed to take follow a group of Taliban soldiers and pick off various numbers of them as they break off, thus making sure you don't alert the entire crew. The problem with this is that the game would glitch out and either they would not move in the group like they were supposed to (meaning if you killed one, 10 more would come out and turn your body into swiss cheese) or they would suddenly all smell the American Apple Pie on your breath and kill you in .4 of a second. On my last excursion, I was in cover with Opie waiting the group out, and Opie said that it was all clear. Before the word "clear" could come out of his mouth my player had turned into cooked hamburger, after which he then said, "Get down!"

These gameplay issues along with the rather uncomfortable and rather distasteful way they portray the war in Afghanistan lead me to recommend that you'd be better off just playing Call of Duty 4 (Hell even MW2) instead. I'll go so far as to say you'd have more fun playing the original Medal of Honor on the PlayStation. YMMV, but in my eyes, MOH is officially the first major disappointment of 2010. It used to be FFXIII, but at least FFXIII was a technically sound game. MOH is simply too buggy to recommend, and even if patches do resolve all the problems, I'm still not sure I could recommend it.

PS I didn't bother with the multiplayer, but all the reviewers seemed to agree it's just a crappier version of BC2's MP, which was a crappier version of MW2's MP..

I checked out a guy who puts every game play on youtube and when i saw his entire MoH play was 18 videos i said wtf

Thats under 5 hrs for a full price game, no thanks

I saw amazon is still giving 41 bucks for Reach trade ins and i did a first and got rid of a halo game. I mean i beat it on solo and got all but the last two multi achievements and just don't see me touching it for months, if then
I also saw amazon just giving 32 bucks for Honor and it's 5 days since release, ouch

Next for me is Fallout NV then Fable and red deads zombie DLC.
I paid just 40 bucks for New Vegas with amazons coupon of 20 dollars when i got reach and their 98 cent next day delivery.

I think I am done using gamestop

"Where are my Sat Guys gamers at?" well, around 11:30pm I'll be waiting at Gamestop for my Fallout New Vegas Collector's Ed.

Then taking a few vacation days (aka mental sanity days) from work; during which time my waste line shall expand another inch or two, the butt groves on the sofa will sink a little deeper, and I'll be fraggin my way through the Mojave Wastes :D
{and thank goodness they went with steamworks for DRM instead of GFWL again}

I know what you mean. I was at Gamestop at midnight also and got to be king nerd for 15 min when I showed off my Brotherhood Outcast tattoo

My copy of New Vegas is shipping out today. I'm a little worried though since it appears to have more bugs than a crack-whore with the sniffles. The bugs were the killer that pushed me away from Fallout 3, and I don't know if I can get through another game with level geometry trapping me and "allies" attacking me for no reason whatsoever. Guess I can just hope for the best. Any FO:NV users here who can speak to the level of bugs on the 360 version?

can't speak to the bug level on the 360. Running the PC version of the game.... after the second patch (which removed using steam's cloud storage for the autosave), all has seemed to be good. I might have a (on average) a crash ever other day, otherwise all is good. (course I did hit a few of the mod's out there as well. The biggest performance boost came with the D3D9 Performance Fix; although the port of the FO3's CONELRAD radio helps when you tire of hearing the same couple songs for the hundredth time)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts