Where are my Satellite Guy's gamers at?

And then there's this PS3 FFXIII exclusive, FWIW:

Players who purchase a copy of FINAL FANTASY XIII for PS3 will receive a FINAL FANTASY XIV secret in-game item and be able to enter for a potential opportunity to become a beta tester for FINAL FANTASY XIV for PS3.

Included inside copies of the initial production run of FINAL FANTASY XIII for PS3 are Campaign Codes printed on a special SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS Point Card. Players can register at SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS and receive a code to unlock the special FINAL FANTASY XIV limited offer.
VGChartz - Please Take A Moment To Visit Our Sponsor

Thank god for Japanese dialog options..
...Is what I WOULD be saying if the game actually HAD this option! I just popped the game into my PS3 and all it has is English! Not that I'm some sort of Poky popping Otaku freak, but usually when I deal with JRPG or Anime things, I prefer to just keep the Japanese voices and "read" everything, as opposed to listening to the writers of the game envision the dialog ONE way while all the English voice actors envision it ANOTHER way. Also, considering I read in more than 1 article that Japanese dubbing would be a PS3 feature, I am understandably annoyed by not having it.

After further reading, apparently Japanese dubbing is just for the "international" version, AKA the PAL version. I guess us NTSC folk aren't as loved as those European Anglo-Saxon types...

it is pretty but final fantasy 13 feels as linear as a game of sonic... I was going to say any mario game but with those you can select what level you go to.

The strategy guide looks like a map of a bowling alley.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

it is pretty but final fantasy 13 feels as linear as a game of sonic... I was going to say any mario game but with those you can select what level you go to.

The strategy guide looks like a map of a bowling alley.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Linearity isn't always a bad thing. The game does open up (after about 25 hours.) So far I'm finding the game to be rather enjoyable. The combat is decent and I like that everyone heals after every battle, as opposed to having to keep track of all the towns and/or bring a bunch of tents with you as you travel around.

I still am a little pissed off about the lack of Japanese dubbing, as this game was CLEARLY written in the Japanese style. As a result, it uses excessive hand motions and body language in the classic anime style of trying to convey a story without using words (Anime and Manga artists typically draw everything first and add dialog last.) To go from Mass Effect 2's motion tracked, subtle body movements in conversations (much akin to how regular people converse) to FFXIII's characters CONSTANT movement while talking is rather jarring, but would have been more acceptable if they were speaking Japanese at the time since we're USED to seeing that from characters speaking Japanese. Seeing English speakers move around so much makes it harder to take them seriously.

Quick Question...

Bioshock 2 just hasn't impressed me. I really loved the original Bioshock. The lack of being able to go back and play selected chapters seems like a big oversite to me. Also in the original I could get all the way back to the start from any point. But with 2 once a chapter is done, you can't go back.. Just something about it I don't like..

Hey there,

Been dying to play Bioshock 2 on my PS3...loved the first game and can't wait for the story in part 2. Just wondering if you would consider a trade for my much beloved copy of Assassin's Creed 2 for the PS3?

Just asking...Thanks!:cool:

Well my PS3 isn't back from Sony and god of war 3 came out
Ouch. My copy should be arriving tomorrow. I just beat GoW 1 (again) two nights ago. I wanted to beat the originals again before the 3rd, but I don't see myself doing that unless I go through a gaming marathon when I get home and grind through GoW 2, which my wife will be less than thrilled about, especially since I vowed to start working out today so I don't end up looking like those Cyclops from the game..

Ouch. My copy should be arriving tomorrow. I just beat GoW 1 (again) two nights ago. I wanted to beat the originals again before the 3rd, but I don't see myself doing that unless I go through a gaming marathon when I get home and grind through GoW 2, which my wife will be less than thrilled about, especially since I vowed to start working out today so I don't end up looking like those Cyclops from the game..

LOL Cyclops, hopefully Friday, I already paid for the game I just need to go pick it up.

I finished Darksiders and Dante's Inferno. I loved them both. I played a good hour of God of War 3 and all I can say is wowwwww. GOW series is the original and greatest in action games.

I've given up on Final Fantasy XIII for now. I'm not about to declare the game as BAD, but the game takes too long to get going for my tastes right now. I don't post Zero Punctuation stuff often (anymore) but this does give a good summary of how far I got in the game and how I started to feel after I stepped back and thought more about how much "fun" I was having:

[ame="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1569-Final-Fantasy-XIII"]The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Final Fantasy XIII@@AMEPARAM@@videos/config/1569-7c754a052c740a3c35a48df6fa9fba0b.js@@AMEPARAM@@1569@@AMEPARAM@@7c754a052c740a3c35a48df6fa9fba0b[/ame]

Now I'm mainly into God of War 3 and Mass Effect 2 (easy to tell how I lost interest in FFXIII) and I hope to get a copy of Dragon Age: Origins from Gamefly soon.

I just finished God of War 3. It is a fun ride, albeit a rather stale one when compared to the previous games. The boss fights (for the most part) don't feel as epic as those in the previous games, especially the final boss battle. The game should definitely be experienced by anyone who owns a PS3, but don't be surprised if by the end you hope you don't have to deal with Kratos and his over-sized jaw anytime in the near future..

I picked up Just Cause 2 for the PC last night, and before I knew it, it was 3am.

Fun game... and I was mostly just running/flying around wrecking stuff. Demos out for all systems, try it out.

Thanks to my local Hollywood Video closing, games have been available for insanely cheap prices. I picked up Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Wii), Condemned (360), Borderlands (PS3), and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Wii) all for about $50 total. I've been delving into those games, especially Borderlands. I also got in a copy of "Beyond Good and Evil" so I can finally see if this game is the masterpiece everyone seems to claim it is..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts