Where are my Satellite Guy's gamers at?

I don't use my PS3 enough to notice, but anyone have problems getting online? Looks like PSN failed for everyone tonight, and some units had their dates reset to 1999 and other gaming related errors/error codes when trying to use their consoles.

PlayStation Network down, so are lots of PS3s (update) -- Engadget

@playstationnetwork confirmed on Twitter that Slim models appear to be connecting normally, it's the older fat versions having problems right now.

I don't use my PS3 enough to notice, but anyone have problems getting online? Looks like PSN failed for everyone tonight, and some units had their dates reset to 1999 and other gaming related errors/error codes when trying to use their consoles.

PlayStation Network down, so are lots of PS3s (update) -- Engadget

@playstationnetwork confirmed on Twitter that Slim models appear to be connecting normally, it's the older fat versions having problems right now.
I just tried and got the same thing :rant:

Decided to dig out the ole GTA4 for the PC yesterday and stepped out of the comfort zone... into Multi-player on GFWL; it didn't surprise that there were relatively few people playing it... but I was shocked how fun it was... even when I'd get fragged by a missile launcher, watching my rag-doll corpse fly four stories into the air and three blocks down the street was laugh worthy. Anyone on here ever go multi-player on this oldie?

Hello all, hope you'll doing well. For it to be first quarter of a new year. Some good games has been released and so far nobody hasn't said anything good or bad about them.

Don't tell me no one has picked up Bioshock 2, Dante's Inferno. By the way, despite what the online reviews say. Dante's Inferno is a very good game and if you a fan of the God of War series. You should be playing this game. I'm so glad I didn't listen. Another of my favorites is Darksiders which also plays like God of War and other great games. These games may seem similar to God of War, but both titles doesn't come off as a clone. They are put together very well.

I also pick up Bayonetta for the 360 and the online reviewers gave this game high marks. It's ok but, it's a very goofy version of Devil May Cry. Dante's Inferno is a much better game to enjoy and the online reviewers show no love for it.

I had bioshock 1 since the first release and I finally got back into the game and finished it, so I could get ready for Bioshock 2. I have both games for the pc. I can't say to much on bioshock 2. I started it but, I got to playing Dante's Inferno and Darksiders on my ps3.

If you guys are playing any of the games or other games. Let me know what you think. I really like you guys comments or opinions.

hmm, Beat ME2, Dragon's age, and still rolling on NBA2k10.
I'm waiting for GOW3 demo was nice.

What system are you playing CODMW2 on? I'm assuming 360? If on PS3 I'd love to join in.
Hey Brian, how's it going? I play MW2 some evenings (as MACVin1968). I'm not that good (really) but I did manage to finally get to level 70. I admit I had to do some camping to get there though. Hey, I have an excuse at my age - slow reflexes and cataracts :). I may start over under a different name though rather than go Prestige. I'm just not good enough for the Prestige label.
Walt

SO yeah, picked up Bad Company 2 for PC... having a lot of fun getting killed online and and haven't really been into that kind of gaming since Halo 3 unless it was coop.

I'm awful, but it's fun, and maps are larger than MW2 so it's less frantic IMO. Fun being an engineer and tagging along and getting all my points from repairing and keeping my team's push alive by keeping the tanks together.

Finally got my copy of Assassin's Creed II (PS3) last night. I'm only an hour into it, but loving it so far. I never played the first, but read up enough on it online that it's not a problem. Any game that combines platforming, action/combat, collecting, and historical settings is right up my alley. :D

I added you walt, so if we end up at the same time hopefully we can bump into each other.

Zookster - I just recently finished ACII and it was a blast. Really enjoyed it.

Yea, I tried to catch up to you a few times last night in free-for-all but no luck. I also play Domination or Team Deathmatch and sometimes hardcore where I pretty much get my butt kicked. I'll try to give you an "invite" sometime so we can at least be on the same team (although you probably won't want to after you see me play:)).

I just finished "Heavy Rain" and here's my thoughts on it:

HR reminds me most of those old Sega CD FMV games where the action would play out and the player would be prompted to enter a command at a given time, essentially making a large amount of Quick Time Events. In fact, at times HR seems like what Sega CD developers were striving for in terms of a story created with human characters that a player could interact with.

I realize that to many the preceding paragraph sounds like an invitation to NOT play this game, but even with all this, HR is a very intriguing and immerse game that everyone with a PS3 owes to themselves to at least play. The acting is very well done, with a few exceptions, like the two "twin" boys who somehow have completely different accents, or the Irish looking cop who's voice was transplanted with that of a standard Italian cop from any given Law and Order episode. The control scheme of simple gestures with the analog stick and QTE heavy emphasis take little time to get used to and help to keep the story moving at a decent pace after a rather slow first quarter of the game. There are multiple endings, but odds are you'll beat the game once and then just use the chapter skipping tool to go back and replay certain sections to see what would have happened if you chose to leave the creepy house as opposed to stabbing the owner in the chest, or if you're a trophy whore and want as many as possible. Or, like me, you have a new baby at home and God Of War 3 is coming out next week and you need to free up a slot in your Gamefly queue.

Overall I highly recommend this game, especially if you're looking for something off the beaten path. There is a lot of potential for similar games of this genre, and this is a game you won't soon forget. It won't pull in any awards for graphics or innovative gameplay, but it should pull at your heartstrings, which is something many games fail to do nowadays.

Nice review yourbeliefs. How long is the HR and do you feel the game is a play and trade or does it has some replay values? I'm getting close to finishing Darksider and Dante's Inferno. I might pick HR up with GOW 3.

Nice review yourbeliefs. How long is the HR and do you feel the game is a play and trade or does it has some replay values? I'm getting close to finishing Darksider and Dante's Inferno. I might pick HR up with GOW 3.
It's hard to quantify the time involved, considering my time was spread quite thin at the time between dealing with work and my pregnant wife and eventually my daughter. It's by no means a LONG game. You could easily beat it in a rental period. The replay value is based on how much of a completionist you are and how curious you are in the other endings. I would have gone through the game again if it weren't for my lack of time in conjunction with Final Fantasy XIII coming this week and God of War 3 coming next week. You probably wouldn't regret buying this game, but don't expect getting a game you'll be popping back in your PS3 a year later.

Congratulation yourbeliefs, to you and your wife.
Thanks.

One thing I'm starting to worry about is the condition of my PS3. I posted a while back that when I played AC2 on my PS3 that there was a good amount of screen tearing, and when I played Heavy Rain I experienced the same thing. Now I have FFXIII and GoW3 coming, both of which many are saying have jaw-dropping graphics, and I'm fearing that my experience will be marred by constant tearing, which breaks the immersion for me quite a bit. Maybe I wore out my PS3's processors a bit when I used to be a heavy Folder, but I enjoy having an 80 GB backwards compatible PS3, and I would be not too happy to "have" to purchase a PS3 Slim and lose that capability, or having Sony fix it, which would require me mailing it out and being without a PS3 for some time, not to mention that unlike my 360's RRoD, would also require me shelling out dough to do so..

Gamespot mention there was graphic tearing with AC2 and Heavy Rain on the ps3. Trust me if you wore out the processor or the gpu on your console, you won't have to worry about graphic tear. The console will lockup a lot when playing games or won't play at all.

I had plenty of practice with different models of failing graphic cards on my pc. As a matter of fact, I'm having heat issue with one of the graphic cards in my pc. I'm going to take it apart and reseat the heat sync and fan with new thermal paste. When I stop being lazy.

Last edited:
Happy Final Fantasy 13 day. 'One of the reasons to buy a PS3' is here. I know people that used this day to justify their purchase 2+ years ago. With how linear the game is I wonder if they'll be disappointed.

Happy Final Fantasy 13 day. 'One of the reasons to buy a PS3' is here. I know people that used this day to justify their purchase 2+ years ago. With how linear the game is I wonder if they'll be disappointed.
Actually this day was marred nearly two years ago on July 14th, 2008. Of course, PS3 owners are getting the superior version (nearly every reviewer has said so) but that loss of exclusivity is almost equivalent to Halo 3 being announced for the PS3. I have my copy coming in on Wednesday or Thursday (depending on how the GF mail flows.) Given the length of the game and how little time I will have to play it, hopefully I can get through it before my daughter goes off to pre-school..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)