Where are my Satellite Guy's gamers at?

Borderlands is great with friends online!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Unfortunately I don't have many friends, and only know of 1 other person who owns Borderlands and from what I can tell, he hasn't even put the disc in his PS3. So far my online experiences have been me getting random EXP and gold for standing around while everyone else runs around and handles the quests with little to no regard to me even being there. I feel like I'm missing out on the actual "story" as all these quests are being fulfilled without my intervention..

Anyone getting excited about Modnation Racers?

I tried the demo last night, which confirmed my decision to pre-order. As someone who has never bought a racing game because I always sucked on the demo, I find MNR much more accessible thanks to the difficulty/speed setting options. Of course, the easy tools for creating your own characters, karts, and tracks add a much deeper dimension to this fully loaded kart racer. Good family fun, for sure!

I have Alan Wake and Trauma Team coming in the mail soon, which will be a nice change over to a more story-driven/unique gameplay experience for the next month. After that I may go after Red Dead Redemption, which hopefully will wipe out the bad taste that GTA4 left in my mouth.

Let us know how you like Red Dead Redemption. I've been thinking about getting it. Wasn't sure if I'd like a western theme FPS but I picked up Call to Juarez for $19 and have actually been enjoying it. It's lacking in some of the multiplayer perks we're used to but still a lot of fun. RDR looks like it has everything.

Let us know how you like Red Dead Redemption. I've been thinking about getting it. Wasn't sure if I'd like a western theme FPS but I picked up Call to Juarez for $19 and have actually been enjoying it. It's lacking in some of the multiplayer perks we're used to but still a lot of fun. RDR looks like it has everything.

I'm not sure I'd call it a FPS, would you classify GTA4 as one? More like over the shoulder action game. I'm not far in, only 30 or so minutes and it's gorgeous. Fantastic game, and the reviews are in the stratosphere. GOTY material so far from all I've seen.

I'm pretty deep into Alan Wake and so far I have to say it is VERY good. If you're into a game that really messes with you in the spirit of the classic Silent Hill games (basically 1-3 + Shattered Memories.) I'm a little worried because a number of reviews have said that the ending is disappointing, but the ride so far has been quite fun. If you have a 360 and are in the mood for some clever survival horror, you owe it to yourself to at least try it out.

Recently beat Alan Wake and Trauma Team. Alan Wake is very good and everyone with a 360 and an affinity for survival horror games owes it to themselves to try it out, but the ending does suck. Without spoiling anything, let's just say it's confusing and you'll be saying, "Ummmm... WHAT?"

Trauma Team is quite good too. Lots of variety in operations with multiple gamestyles populated with interesting characters. As a Trauma Center veteran though (this is the 3rd Trauma game for the Wii) this game comes off as almost insultingly easy at times. If you have a Wii and are looking for something different (like a game where the goal is to SAVE lives as opposed to taking them) you should check it out. It also helps that it only costs $40.

Right now I'm delving into Super Mario Galaxy 2. It really should be called "Super Mario Galaxy: The Lost Levels" but given how good SMG1 was, it's just more of a very very good game. One humorous thing is that there are a number of 2D platforming sections where it's just a side view like NSMBW but it actually plays BETTER than it did in NSMBW. I'm also waiting for Red Dead Redemption to come available in my Gamefly queue, but unfortunately at this rate it looks like I'll be sending my 3 month old daughter off to preschool before this damn game arrives..

I'm deep into Mafia 2 now. I'd have to say it is probably the most average game I can remember playing. It's not a bad game, but it's not really that good either. Nearly everything it does has been done better by other games. The story and voice acting is well done, but the actual game experience is nothing to write home about. I won't get into all the specifics, but basically, if you have NOTHING better to play, Mafia 2 is worth a look, but I would never consider buying this until it falls into the bargain bin, which, considering how it's doing in sales, will be coming very soon.

I'm more psyched about getting Metroid: Other M tomorrow.

I'm only a couple of missions in but I agree.

Pachter chimed in and said he doesn't think the game will make a profit after 6 years of development work and it's dropped to the 40s on Amazon.com's rankings.

Until the major fall releases, I have Madden 11 to keep me busy. I didn't get 10, so compared to 09, Madden 11 is pretty awesome. The trophies are super easy as well if you're a PS3 trophy whore (like me), always looking to add another platinum to your totally meaningless electronic trophy case.:D

SMG1 is a good release for Nintendo.

As for the NSMBW I was disappointed in it's lack of creativity. I also find that the characters are hard to control as well.

I heard that a Super Mario Collection Pack will be released sometime this October to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. The game is reported to be a revival of Super Mario All-Stars.

There will be a Super Mario History 1985 - 2010 booklet and will include unseen development materials as well.

As for the next actual release of a new SMB, I believe there's good chances it will be on Nintendo's next console.

My 78 year old Father loves Red Dead Redemption . We purchased him a PS3 and he's never played games before that but he's a huge fans of Westerns. I spent all day with him showing him the controls. Great Game

Madden 11 is great. I was so so on Madden 10 after player NFL 2k5 for years but I adjusted the sliders on 11 to get it more like a real football game and I love it now.

Mafia 2 was just ok. The Original Mafia game was great.

What did you adjust your sliders to?

Quarter Length:5 Minutes
Accelerated clock Runoff:25 seconds
Injuries:33
Fatigue:55
Game Speed: VERY SLOW
Player Min Speed Threshold: 66
Fight for fumble: OFF
Auto Sprint - OFF
Auto Strafe - OFF

Penalties
Offside:100